Should I connect marantz NA6005 to rdac or should I go with marantz internal Dac

Exactly Buddy,

you are right.. thats what the issue.. is, will I end up wasting rDac or will I end up wasting more money for marantz :-(

If you are happy with your system, then here is a wild idea to consider.

Pioneer BDP has 1 HDMI out (normally connected to TV or AVR). Let's assume it is to TV, as you have mentioned before.

Get a small screen HDMI capable monitor. These are available in 5"/7" versions used by professional photographers, but may be expensive.
You may not need pro stuff, so a small consumer 7" TFT which has HDMI input will do. Also look at companies that deal with cctv monitors etc.

Caveat being, you will have to switch the HDMI cable from TV to mini-monitor when you listen to music and later switch back for BD/DVD viewing.
The mini monitor can be made to stand up when in use and folded down when not.

If this works out, it will be almost status quo.

Cheers,
Raghu

I tried that the issue is the small screen its not like OLED, and hence the text are so small it not visible at even 3 feet..

I tried that the issue is the small screen its not like OLED, and hence the text are so small it not visible at even 3 feet..

Hey,

I suggest you to keep the arcam dac, and find a workaround for your flac playback. I compared the internal dac in PM6005 to my arcam irDAC. and the irDAC is far far better. I think the dac inside NA6005 will be similar to PM6005 dac.

Here is my setup. I mostly play flac from the pen drive connected to my BDP-170. using the same for my audio CD playback also. HDMI out to TV, and COAX out to DAC. Using TV to browse through folders/ files. I use the panel switch off option in the TV (display off under display menu for my samsung tv).

If I need to browse my entire collection, I connect my laptop to DAC via USB, and play :)

There is also a solution to browse the flac files from my TV (wifi connected) and playback from tv, with tv optical out to DAC. but I find the sound quality if inferior to the earlier two solutions.

I am in a process of converting all my Audio CDs to FLAC, I use my laptop to playback most.. USB to DAC sounds sweet to me. I also use my tab to playback online radios/ flacs/ mp3s via micro usb adaptor > USB> DAC.. but laptop is better for pure audio as you can configure ASIO.

Thanks,
Noble

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, it helps, can you guide on your Tab to Dac connectivity.. I can go with that option.

Thanks for the information, it helps, can you guide on your Tab to Dac connectivity.. I can go with that option.

You are welcome!

I'm using my Samsung Note 10.1 tablet, which supports OTG and USB audio. I'm sure most of the modern mobiles/tabs support this option.

I bought a micro-USB to USB adapter from amazon, here is the link:
Amazon.in: Buy PNY A2 OTG Adapter Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter for Smartphones & Tablets Online at Low Prices in India | PNY Reviews & Ratings

Connect in this way: TAB/Mobile usb port > OTG adapter > USB cable > DAC..

You can actually stream from your NAS/network using any music playback apps. Hope this helps..

You have not mentioned the source, but I'm assuming external hard drive, NAS, PC, or laptop. For PC, NAS (if supported) or laptop simply install MinimServer and you can stream wirelessly to your DAC. For an external hard drive and unsupported NAS you can go with the Raspberry Pi, and install MinimServer on it.

You can browse the folders and files from any Android smartphone or tablet using BubbleUPNP.

Thanks Thanks Thanks, Just one infor I need, I have

NAS->IPAD->OTG->ARCAM DAC so that I can stream flac to Dac? How can I do this.

I have Ipad and Seagate NAS with me.

To clarify..

I want to browse the NAS folder on my Ipad and then stream it to my rdac without storing anything on my Ipad.

Ipad should just pass the data from NAS to my Dac thats all I need if this works, will save lot of money on buying the dedicated systems.

Thanks Thanks Thanks, Just one infor I need, I have

NAS->IPAD->OTG->ARCAM DAC so that I can stream flac to Dac? How can I do this.

I have Ipad and Seagate NAS with me.

To clarify..

I want to browse the NAS folder on my Ipad and then stream it to my rdac without storing anything on my Ipad.

Ipad should just pass the data from NAS to my Dac thats all I need if this works, will save lot of money on buying the dedicated systems.

Which NAS do you have? Check if it is supported Installing MinimServer and MinimWatch.

If it is not supported then plug the NAS to a PC or laptop and install MinimServer on it. Once MinimServer is installed and running and the NAS is configured to access the library/files, you can access the NAS from any smartphone or tablet. For Android BubbleUPNP and for iOS PlugPlayer.

From the app set output to the DAC.

Basically there are 3 components, the server, the control point (Android or iPhone because there is no monitor), the renderer (to play the music). Data it is only stored on the NAS (DLNA server) and not on the control point or the renderer.

Do this, and see if you like how it sounds and works. If your NAS supports MinimServer then you are all set, otherwise you can consider a Raspberry Pi for less than Rs. 3000 on which to install MinimServer.

PS: I am using a similar 2 PC setup (NAS and Raspberry Pi) to stream music to multiple rooms in my house. Extremely happy with the results too.

going by reputation, the rdac will be better than the marantz in terms of dac capabilities. so if youre retaining the rdac and just using the marantz as a source to play music, then you must decide whether its of value to you. if i were in your position, i would connect a pc to the setup instead the marantz.

Thanks all for your helpful replys.. so I have decided to retain rdac and dropped the idea of marantz.. I hope I have taken a right decesion, I was planning to sell my Marantz MCR510 if the Dac of 510 is same signature with NA6005, I belive I have made a right choice,

so my setup would be

MCR510->Sub out -> Onkyo THX Sub SKW 938 and Speaker out -> Yet to decide the speaker,

The other would be
BDP 170->coaxial out(supports 192/24bit on Coaxial) ->rdac->nad 375bee->preout->Wharfedale SW150 and Speaker Out->PSB Image T5 floor stander

So will wait to buy a good book shelf speaker

Thanks,
San

Dear frnds,

I have got my MarantzNA6005 yesterday so I did some playback and my review:

1st setup: Good for tight bass and very crisp

bdp170->coaxial->rdac->NAD 375bee->PSB Image t5 & wharfedale sw150

2nd setup: Good for warm bass and very detaild and instrumental no change in vocal

NA6005->NAD 375bee->PSB Image t5 & wharfedale sw150

3rd setup: Not Good at all never mix NAD with B&W

bdp170->coaxial->rdac->NAD 375bee->B&W 684 & wharfedale sw150

4th setup: Good Not punchy but very pleasent

MCR510->B&W 684 & Onkyo THX sub

5th Setup -> Yet to work on it,

NA6005->NAD 375bee->B&w 684 & wharfedale sw150

and note the sub is connected to preout (stereo on my NAD) since sw150 accepts stereo line level input

Guys any suggestion, bottom line is I would sell my rdac.

Regards,
san

Dear frnds,

I have got my MarantzNA6005 yesterday so I did some playback and my review:

1st setup: Good for tight bass and very crisp

bdp170->coaxial->rdac->NAD 375bee->PSB Image t5 & wharfedale sw150

2nd setup: Good for warm bass and very detaild and instrumental no change in vocal

NA6005->NAD 375bee->PSB Image t5 & wharfedale sw150

3rd setup: Not Good at all never mix NAD with B&W

bdp170->coaxial->rdac->NAD 375bee->B&W 684 & wharfedale sw150

4th setup: Good Not punchy but very pleasent

MCR510->B&W 684 & Onkyo THX sub

5th Setup -> Yet to work on it,

NA6005->NAD 375bee->B&w 684 & wharfedale sw150

and note the sub is connected to preout (stereo on my NAD) since sw150 accepts stereo line level input

Guys any suggestion, bottom line is I would sell my rdac.

Regards,
san

from a system matching point of view i would go with the nad and the psb. as for your source, its up to you what you feel sounds good to your ears. personally (and from reputation as well) i would go with the rdac. the nad itself is a warm sounding amp, so unless you like your music really warm, i wouldnt suggest anything that made it warmer. also in the nad, the bass though big, is laidback. so again, if you feel that the rdac gives a tighter bass, then that would be better. but thats my personal preference.

NAD, PSB, Bluesound brands belong to The Lenbrook Group.
So expect some system synergy when paired together.
Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back