Should I go for Sony KLV-32W550A now?

isapsos

Hi Friends,

I am from Kolkata. My query is as follows.
Recently Sony India has reduced the price of its LCD TV range by 20% to 30%. Dealers tell me that Sony is bringing in its 2010 range soon and hence the decision. After researching over the internet i have found that probably they will bring in the new NX,LX,EX etc. series' which are all Wi-Fi and internet enabled.

I am specifically interested in KLV-32W550A model. So, will it be a good idea to buy it now (its price is Rs. 44,900 in e-zone) or wait for the new series tvs to come in/get this one even at a lower price? In addition, I am not interested in Wi-Fi or internet connectivity. So, is there any other added features in the new series and also what will be their probable price range in India?

Also, which is the best place to buy in Kolkata?
Thanks in advance,
isapsos.

Last edited:
the new prices of the sonys are without doubt good,the W550A for the price is a good deal,the only other lcd that is comparable to it is the samsung B6000 LED lcd.

the newer 2010 EX500 will be the replacement for the W series,the asian version may not get the wifi ready option .
the NX500 will be edge led version.
the BX300 will be the new S series priced would be priced around 26k
the NX400 will be new V series will be priced about 36k to 38k.

the newer lcds may use a panel with higher contrast,may use a tweaked BE3.they however are more efficient in terms of power consumption.

@adder,

thanks. will the replacement for W-series be priced at 45k like the current one? featurewise will it be same ... like 100hz motion compensator, USB movie etc.? if so, then won't it be better to wait?

thanks,
isapsos

@adder,

thanks. will the replacement for W-series be priced at 45k like the current one? featurewise will it be same ... like 100hz motion compensator, USB movie etc.? if so, then won't it be better to wait?

thanks,
isapsos

the new Ex500 on paper doesn't offer anything really new,so it may be priced the same.sony has offcourse cut production cost in the new models, like samsung they have started to use dual use input connections for component/composite.

all sony lcds only support MPEG1,MPEG2 videos.
u can always buy a media player or use a htpc.but in terms of performance for its current price their ain't another equaly good tv.

Hey mate:)

U mst wait..alri8..c dnt tk a hasty dcsn whn u ar spending more dan 40 grands..evn i am in da same situation..i hav tkn a call 2 wait till feb end nd den 2 pick one frm d store!!

Ar far as d shops are concerned..if no dealer offers u any discount on da so called Market Operated Price:mad:..u btr buy it 4m ny f d Sony stores!!

Kindly post if u hav cm acrs any store dat offrd u any amount less dan the MOP..evn Great Eastern stores dnt offr disc dese dayz..poor kolkatanz:sad:

PS: I blv in efficiency..more output 4 less input..so dis sms lang shud b pardoned!!

PS: I blv in efficiency..more output 4 less input..so dis sms lang shud b pardoned!!

At the same time you are ruining our efficiency....more input for brain to interpret & understand...twice the effort for understanding a single post :) (just joking)

U mst wait..alri8..c dnt tk a hasty dcsn whn u ar spending more dan 40 grands..evn i am in da same situation..i hav tkn a call 2 wait till feb end nd den 2 pick one frm d store!!

Ar far as d shops are concerned..if no dealer offers u any discount on da so called Market Operated Price:mad:..u btr buy it 4m ny f d Sony stores!!

Kindly post if u hav cm acrs any store dat offrd u any amount less dan the MOP..evn Great Eastern stores dnt offr disc dese dayz..poor kolkatanz:sad:

Can someone please transliterate this in english for me? :mad:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back