Should I wait for Epson 4K Projector?

HTuser

Hi,

I was evaluating to buy Epson 8200, but I think Epson will be releasing 4K projector this year.

4K Blu-ray Discs and Players are expected in this year.
4K Blu-ray discs set for release in 2014 | whathifi.com
Samsung: 4K Blu-ray Discs Coming Up

4K Streaming services also available.
(like netflix)

So is it worth to wait for 4K projector? How much it would cost?

I know that I will have to upgrade my player to 4K once the product is available

Regards,

I have not heard anything about Epson releasing a 4K projector this year, so you may have to wait till next year to get your hands on a Epson 4K projector. As for pricing you can only guess based on the pricing of other 4K projectors in the market like the SONY 4K ES projector that sells for Rs 14 lakhs. Prices of 4K projectors are not going to fall in a big way anytime soon.

I am not very sure if the release of 4K Blu-ray discs will happen this year, the specs for the discs are yet to be finalised. Even if they release 4K discs this year there will be very limited number of titles released.

So is it worth to wait for 4K projector? How much it would cost?

Why wait for a 4K projector when we already have a brilliant 4K projector in Sony's ES range. If your looking for a cheaper option or if the lack of 4K content is a matter of worry then it makes sense to wait.

Thanks for the replies.

5L for a projector is also high for me at the moment.

Currently I will have to go for 8200W and then upgrade BD Player and Projector when it is available.

I don't have to upgrade AVR since the video will go directly from BD to projector and separate cable from BD to AVR for audio.

Anyone selling their 8200W ;) !!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back