Should the temporary BAN on Moserw be lifted?

Should the temporary ban on Moserw be lifted?

• No

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFiVision

Super Moderator
Dear Member,

Recently a member (moserw) of this forum openly insulted another member (see post).

As moserw openly violated our Forum Rules, which states and I reproduce below, he was banned from visiting this forum and making any new posts for a period of one week.

Quote from HiFiVision.com Forum Rules
We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to.

However certain members here have insisted that the ban on moserw be lifted. As a member of this forum, you have the right to collectively decide what should be done. Should a member be allowed to insult another member, violate the Forum Rules and get away with it? Should we have different rules for certain older members and different rules for others. Or should there be one single rule for all forum members irrespective of their age/seniority/etc?

As a moderator I had made the decision to ban moserw. Since I like to run this forum in a democratic manner, you too have the right to voice your opinion! Please cast your vote in this secret ballot to resolve this matter once and for all.

Should the ban on moserw be lifted?

Vote No if you believe the same set of rules should apply to all members irrespective of seniority and the temporary ban on moserw continue.

Vote Yes if you believe that members should be discriminated based on their seniority. That a different set of rules should apply to senior and junior members and the temporary ban on moserw be lifted.

I hope you have a mechanism to avoid negative duplicate voting. Seeing the seeds of a trend

Ban has been there long enough Mod I guess now he can come back what he did was not right and not justifiable but I do think a ban for two days is enough considering how helpful he has been to others.
You are also doing the right thing by doing all you can to put get members opinion on this.

Re: Should the BAN on Moserw be lifted?

@mod,again with due respect,ur decision is a decision taken.ur entitled to do so and that must be respected.but the circumstances?well debatable to say the least.hope temporary is really as temporary as it can be.cheers

I would request the administrator to inform the members of the duration of the ban as i feel it will play a crucial factor in the poll and give a clear picture on time factor.

If the same can be updated in the first post it will be excellent.

Lastly i do agree with the admininstrator on the members being banned as we have to set the right example. Rules and regulations are for everyone to follow and obey, no one is above them.

A temporary ban will ensure members avoid breaking the rules ....

Personally i feel Moser has been an asset to this forum and what happened was unfortunate and we should forget the same and move on rather than creating more posts and threads on the same.

wow this is certainly a very open minded mod!!! this is my open opinion. bans are bans irrespective of how many posts one has made. otherwise all 'senior' members will start thinking they can get away with anything and get swollen heads.

i can see moser's side and why he got so bugged but i can also see manu's side, simple heartedly posting, receiving replies and then being insulted out of nowhere. if a poster receives replies to his posts its of nobody's business to slam that poster since there are other people on the forum interested in that person's posts. that seems common sense to me!

so let the ban be, its a temp one anyway! could you mention how long one is banned for an infraction like this?

i think people on this forum should appreciate the mod's position. every post on audiogon for example is regulated before it gets posted, unlike here where the second you write something it gets posted. so do appreciate what we have here instead of creating weird unbalanced rules for 'senior' members. everyone ought to be equal irrespective of how long they've been here or how many posts they've made or how old or young they are.

regards

edit: it would be great to see both members back in action whenever they feel comfortable and the ban lifts :)

Last edited:
Such a poll,if at all it is felt necessary,should have been floated before the ban-at this stage,it is indicative of indecisiveness.
In my opinion, Admin should have first warned the erring members in the thread concerned,then deleted the offending posts & banned them as a last resort, in case the offending behaviour persisted.Sometimes, it may not be the wisest course of action to be too quick with the hatchet.
The ban, once imposed, should be carried out-the period can be short.
Since both were banned simultaneously, lift the ban for both Moser & Manu simultaneously.
Every member deserves equal treatment in such disciplinary matters.

It should be lifted,
Surprisingly I could see many votes against lifting ban, may be many of them might received a tip or suggestion from moserw and they are paying back.

If they can get along, why cant we?
monkey-cuddling-dog.jpg

I think the ban was justified, considering the language moser used, and i don't think rules should apply differently for senior members and newer members. But it should probably be a ban of a few days, and if those few days are up, then the ban should be lifted.

Moderator> In true hollywood terms, you have made an 'Executive Decision'. I respect that and couldn't agree more.
But, 'to err is human, to forgive-divine'.

Cheers!!

Yes.

I think the point about Forum decorum and rules has been made. I would vote for the ban on both Manu and Moser to be lifted after the stipulated period for a temp ban (how many days is it?)

Repetition of actions that led to the first ban should subsequently invite a permanent ban.

ps: IIRC both Manu and Moser had apologised in susbsequent posts. But I felt they could have edited the offensive posts too.

:clapping:

Dear friends

1.Moser abused...then apologised.

2.Manu misused (unknowingly may be)....abused/threatened...later apologised.

3.Moderator....waited,waited.....banned.

And there's chaos !

When we see the things from their respective angles ,there is righteousness from their part.

I think all of them MISTIMED a bit.:lol:

The last part remaining is The Moderator apologising to everybody for moderating such a forum !:yahoo:

Time is the greatest healer.Lets smile:lol:,watch and keep quiet for a few days.Things will solve by itself.Havent this happened in our homes ?

I wish both of them come back :eek:hyeah: with a positive attitude towards all that happened.

Insulting/abusive language is surely not welcome. Senior or junior, it does not matter.

Last edited:
This poll is a joke. As a moderator, you shouldn't have raked this issue up again. If it is a temporary ban, then why are you asking whether it should be lifted? Let the temporary ban (IIRC, it was for half day?) expire its duration and let things (and people) return to normal - and proactively ban permanently or temporary if same people repeat it again. Instead of posting such a poll!!

As a moderator/ owner of this forum you have to take a decision, also keeping in mind your own financial interests you have in this forum. Take a decision yourself, whether you want moser on this site or not.

Again, this poll has no meaning, unless this is a poll to show down on moser that look so many people do not want you back!
Why this poll doesn't show the names of the people who want him back, or don't want him back?

regards

Last edited:
Hi,

What happened has saddened many members including me. I accept that there should be one rule, senior or junior. But having said that the mod is not making it clear of the duration of the ban. moser has apologized for his post and he is banned too.The mod should say when the ban will be lifted. I hope the period is over, and i wish moser who has helped many members here should come back. The sooner we get on with the AV stuff, along with a senior member like moser, the better it is for the good of the forum.

sri

Dear Moderator,

I use this forum to update myself on HFV. There are 2 things i would like to say :-

a. Moser was wrong. His post was bit arrogant too.
b. ManuPunjab was posting silly things too. He was going overboard and i always thought "why is ManuPunjab posting irrelevant things on this forum.

I think :-

a. Lift the ban on Moser - U have made your point by enforcing the rule already
b. At the same time - tell ManUPunjab to stick to relevant topics and not post any other ir relevant stuff which people do not want to read

best regards,
mpw

also, please close this thread asap, remove the offensive posts and please stop cross posting threads/ posts with offensive messages.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back