Show off Your CD Player!

Here's my highly modified NAK MB10 CD Bank.....inside and out going strong and perfect ....around 25 to 28 year old......had to spent a fortune for the upgarde....but well worth it .......items changed:

1. 15 Capacitors got replaced
2. Transformer
3.Opamp
4.Resistors
5.EMI Absorbers
6.Sockets
7.Low jitter premium clock
8.IEC Power socket (replaced kettle wire)
plus a lot of RF Shielding.
How did you manage the upgrade? Did you order the parts locally?

Could you elaborate a little more about the company?
Sure - happy to help. Do you mind DM ?

I searched on how to upgrade and this forum actually had a thread on modiying the MB10 NAK - and I established contact with him. The FM is based in Chennai - probably if you search it should come up. However he wasnt responsive ...... I must add that I got this done by sending the unit to UK.....you should consider whether it is rewarding to spend this much amount on such an old unit - unless you hold personal attachment / vintage value to it. I certainly will say it was well worth it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    94 KB · Views: 186

I searched on how to upgrade and this forum actually had a thread on modiying the MB10 NAK - and I established contact with him. The FM is based in Chennai - probably if you search it should come up. However he wasnt responsive ...... I must add that I got this done by sending the unit to UK.....you should consider whether it is rewarding to spend this much amount on such an old unit - unless you hold personal attachment / vintage value to it. I certainly will say it was well worth it.
Thank you for the information. Its quite a commitment i will admit but its our own choice at the end of the day.

Happy to see you have taken it this level and are enjoying it. Feel free to DM any other details

Thank you

Super Setup with some Superb Hardware !

Many, Many years ago I had the CEC - TL1 for trial at home... Had a rudimentary DAC then, but even so, the sound of the belt driven CEC was Very Distinctly analog ....

If a thread exists for this ,please merge with it.

I Recently bought an Onkyo C7030 for my dad who decided to switch to CD, and ended up buying some CD's from the US here for him - they are dirt cheap - you can get most of the good stuff for $1 each.
The soundstage of the player blew me away, and started to look for something for me.

Initially I bought a Sony DVD player with a brushed Aluminum front, because it matched my equipment, but even after adding an external DAC, the SQ was not that great.
I stumbled onto a Magnavox CDB582 which had a TDA1543, but it too sounded ordinary
THen i got a top loading JVC for convenience's sake - this was supposed to be one of the first 1 bit DAC's. It's mighty convenient, and i was chugging along with it..
When a Rotel RCD 855 showed up - It has a TDA1541A - I showed up at the seller's place the very next day. I was trying it out, and noticed that The CD's sounded more... immediate, more detailed. Just to confirm, i tried switching between my JVC, and noticed the difference is indeed there. This is a keeper!
View attachment 42520View attachment 42521View attachment 42522View attachment 42523
Post Your CD Players (Bonus points for older ones!)
IM having CA 740C ,since 15 years

One question when we send an item for repair overseas , how does the customs work out ? I have a few things to get done myself.

I have had the good fortune to listen to the CEC TL-1 belt drive CDT in my system, for a few days.

EXCEPTIONAL !

Provides an unusually smooth (for any CDT) analog like sound.

The CEC TL 1 is awesome. It’s the one piece of equipment I regret selling.

At that stage I was more into detail, staging, dynamics. So i moved to Esoteric transport. While the Esoteric did dynamics, detail and staging better, the CEC TL1 was more musical

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back