Shure M97xE on Sale Mumbai

Yes I would. I personally use one of these on my 1200s and the TT is paired with me NAD 306. I am quite happy with its results.

The M97xE is not very punchy and that's purely based on my listening taste. However this cart is quite detailed and tracks really well. When I paired this with the NAD 306, the music was quite punchy again :).

This should pair well with your Cosmic 4000MKII and with that beautiful Jelco Arm.

Cheers...

Thanks!
Am expecting to be in Bangalore in Aug. Would love to get a dose of your rig and some (a lot?) of your expertise.

I had the M97xe and found it to be dull and boring, that's because I had grown up listening to the M75-6s (one of the best vintage carts from Shure) which had bright dynamics and solid bass response. Also when I started out myself, was hooked to the M44-7 with an extremely bright, high-bass output. But it all boils down to individual choice and listening tastes. I exchanged my M97xe for a NAD 3020 amp.

Even I had the m97xe and i sold it very soon thereafter. The records made in 60s/70s sounded great with it..very warm and gentle. However I listen to a lot of heavy music as well and the Shure just din't sound right for all that (maybe because the input resistance of my phono stage is 47k ohm. 68k ohm is recommended for the m97xe). Also the dynamic compliance of the m97xe is 20 cm/dyne (i did some calculations and the ideal compliance of the cart for my Technics arm should be 10-12 cm/dyne at 10 Hz. After listening to the Nagaoka MP-110 on my system..which i borrowed from a friend..the theory was confirmed. :) The compliance of the MP-110 is 11 at 10 Hz. My jaw literally dropped on the floor when i listened to it! That's going to be my next cart :licklips: )

Last edited:
I would be listening mostly to old records of Indian classical and Jazz.
What would be best for these?

I may get into a bit of Western classical as well.

I've owned two M44-7. It's sound is loud, big and brash, and bass is weighty. Rock and metal is its forte. I still own a M97xE. It has way better highs, more refined mids, but definitely lesser bass. I have given away both the M44s so you know what I think is better:)

Even Shure M55D sounds better to my ears than the M44-7.

The M97xE is close to V15 III that I have compared it to. But either of these pales before the Denon DL160.

I would love to listen to the Nagaoka MP110.

good,However this cart is quite detailed and tracks really well. When I paired this with the NAD 306, the music was quite punchy again
w24mVL

M97xe pairs perfect with almost all Technics TTs.I never liked M-44.Its too loud,heavy bass etc. M97xe is a nice cart at reasonable price.My choice for $100 budget cart is Ortofon OM10.

Regards,
Sachin

I too have it but to my ears the lows sound decent and of course the highs are very prominent as well. May be I have not heard M-44-7 that is why :). But one problem I have noticed is that it being "marketed" as audiophile cart, picks up a lot of noise from surface if the record is anything below VG+. It plays my newest additions best but the vintage records are many a time unbearable with this cart that have gone through significant usage.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back