Signal drop issue on yamaha AVR with cable box

sahoork

I have yamaha rxv585 AVR connected to TATA SKY HD cable box. I noticed that signal drops and resumes many times when I am watching especially hd channels. Anyone facing this issue kindly reply.

Do you face this problem if you play your set top box directly connected to TV without the AVR powered on? How is your connection setup?

If it's a picture stuttering problem it happens due to antenna misalignment or when they fall short short on bandwidth if many people are watching HD channels at the same time

Do you face this problem if you play your set top box directly connected to TV without the AVR powered on? How is your connection setup?

If it's a picture stuttering problem it happens due to antenna misalignment or when they fall short short on bandwidth if many people are watching HD channels at the same time
No. It's running fine on Direct tv. All sd channels are running seamless on AVR. Only problem of dropping ( mainly sound) on HD channels when connected through AVR

No. It's running fine on Direct tv. All sd channels are running seamless on AVR. Only problem of dropping ( mainly sound) on HD channels when connected through AVR

How are you feeding audio to the AVR? Please describe your connection layout. Can be a problem with the audio encoding too.

It's through HDMI.
Connection lay out.
HDMI of Cable box to AVR HDMI 1 in
AVR HDMI out to HDMI of TV.

I tested it the fault was with cable box as it is too old 2013 model of TATA sky HD set up box. I tested with newer model runs ok.

It may be HDMI cable issue.Use a fast HDMI cable.HD channels with Audio will need better HDMI cable.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back