Singal Distortion - Disable Copyprotection

RSRAMESH

I recently bought a Toshiba DVD Recorder/Player model 410P, purpose is basically to record TV Programmes, when routed SunDirect signal through the player i am able to view only half of the image that too in black & white.

When i browsed through the manual it was mentioned "Copyprotected signal" will be distorted when routed to TV through the player.

Anyremedies how to disable copyprotection any one faced issue like this?.

One of my friend got me this player from US 2 days back, the player is Region 1 could this be because of region settings?

Please help.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Region code will not let you play at all, it will not garble image like you described. It may even give a friendly message when refusing to play.

Your problem seems to be Macrovision protection which is programmed into chip itself.

I personally dont know any solution, except that it will work fine with non copy protected source.

Cheers

check your connections to ensure you are connecting everything correctly to all the components.
ensure the connections are snug.
ensure you are using the right cables to connect.

Do you still get the problems?

I recently bought a Toshiba DVD Recorder/Player model 410P, purpose is basically to record TV Programmes, when routed SunDirect signal through the player i am able to view only half of the image that too in black & white.

When i browsed through the manual it was mentioned "Copyprotected signal" will be distorted when routed to TV through the player.

Anyremedies how to disable copyprotection any one faced issue like this?.

One of my friend got me this player from US 2 days back, the player is Region 1 could this be because of region settings?

Please help.

Thanks
Ramesh S

check your connections to ensure you are connecting everything correctly to all the components.
ensure the connections are snug.
ensure you are using the right cables to connect.

Do you still get the problems?

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The connection looks simple and straight forward, tried all the setting options mentioned in the manual.

Still facing the same problem.

Planning to take the player to my friends house tomorrow and try routing Tatasky signal.

Will keep you updated on the outcome.

Thanks again.

Ramesh S

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back