Sir: Need advice in buying Ipod

gudu

I have amplifier sonodyne. Till now I was using CDs to listen music via philips cd player.

Now, I connected laptop to amplifier, but that does not have effect of CD player.

So, I plan to buy Ipod.

Questions:

Can I connect Ipod to amplifier?

If yes, then which Ipod to buy or a portable device to play music?

Please advice.

With Ipod also, u may feel the degradation in sound quality comparing to CD player. Try to get a USB DAC and use it with the existing laptop. Also with laptop all format of files can be played.

With Ipod also, u may feel the degradation in sound quality comparing to CD player. Try to get a USB DAC and use it with the existing laptop. Also with laptop all format of files can be played.

Sir,

Which USB DAC to buy? How much is the price range for this product? Can you please tell?

personally, i will suggest you buy this
mGs-6SjTaWkrJRO8l5i43LA.jpg

and connect the ipod to your amplifier. Keep the ipod vol at high and use the amps volume control.

you would be happy.

there are devices available which can take Digital out from your Ipod..but those are pretty expensive.

I have amplifier sonodyne. Till now I was using CDs to listen music via philips cd player.

Now, I connected laptop to amplifier, but that does not have effect of CD player.

So, I plan to buy Ipod.

Questions:

Can I connect Ipod to amplifier?

If yes, then which Ipod to buy or a portable device to play music?

Please advice.
An Ipod can not improve the Sound quality.
The Laptop is not sounding good because the internal DAC of the laptop must be inferior to the DAC of teh Philips CD player.
If you want to play digital file stored on a disc get a DAC and use your existing Laptop.

Regarding DACs the range starts from 10 K to 2.5 Lacs.

So you need to search the net/ this forum and shortlist some DACs and come back with queries.

a) Do list all your equipment here so that an appropriate DAC can be suggested. The quality of the DAC has to be be in the same class as your other equipment in the chain
b) Ensure that the DAC has an asynchronous usb in since you plan to use teh laptop.

IMHO iPOD would be good.
Pros :
-Good storage iPOD Classic 160GB.
-Easy to use/access the music.
-You can use outdoor/traveling with good battery backup + entire collection.
-You can add DAC later.
-No need to ON your laptop always if you want to listen music only.

Cons :
-It may not sound superior than CD Player, but same thing with Laptop (DAC is only option)

IMHO iPOD would be good.
Pros :
-Good storage iPOD Classic 160GB.
-Easy to use/access the music.
-You can use outdoor/traveling with good battery backup + entire collection.
-You can add DAC later.
-No need to ON your laptop always if you want to listen music only.

Cons :
-It may not sound superior than CD Player, but same thing with Laptop (DAC is only option)

Prepress, but you forgot to mention one painful thing, iTunes sync! People who are not used with it may find it annoying! Can take Sansa clip plus in that case.. But considering everything else, iPod classic is the best option to carry lot of stuff..but m not sure about the cirrus logic dac on it, as apple didnt recently update the dac , and so I think they may not be as good as the latest iPod shuffle or nano or iphone? Or you think different on this? Cirrus logic is not bad lately , but classic is a bit old cirrus, I guess:)

Prepress, but you forgot to mention one painful thing, iTunes sync! People who are not used with it may find it annoying! Can take Sansa clip plus in that case.. But considering everything else, iPod classic is the best option to carry lot of stuff..but m not sure about the cirrus logic dac on it, as apple didnt recently update the dac , and so I think they may not be as good as the latest iPod shuffle or nano or iphone? Or you think different on this? Cirrus logic is not bad lately , but classic is a bit old cirrus, I guess:)

And compared to a CD player , the iPod needs a little more strength for its sound before its fed to the amp ..

Yes, I guess it is not a big deal. He will be very familiar very soon.

The new 160 Classic is inferior in quality than earlier iPODs (used 60GB Classic), 160 has Cirrus, but earlier ones had Wolfson. And really there is huge difference in sound quality. You can see great debate on it. Some people says Cirrus is better and more accurate but IMHO Wolfson is warmer and melodious, and I believe which sounds good to our ears is good (at least for us) :D

Most recent generation Nano is of very good quality. Classic has a problem with sound quality.
Not just that, since Classic uses a hard drive, all loopholes of hard drive is also applicable to classic. Some classic hard drives have crashed.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back