Vector Research
Victor
Wega
Wharfedale
Wollensak
Yamaha

Anil

Hi,

Wow Anil you've just opened a Pandora's box !! goldmine for those vintage fans !

Very useful stuff,Keep going :) !

Regards.

Great Work Anil , I am going to be in front of the computer for the next few months viewing all those sites you have mentioned.

regards

We have a few Music related equipment which we wish to give away. I have no clue whom to contact for the same. These are models/brands which had their own hey days and I guess audiophiles still hold them in esteem. Can you help me with contacts of persons who may be interested in these:

1. DUAL Speaker (1 no.) Type CL114 6W
2. PHILIPS Type 15 RH 432 speakers (2 nos)
3. SABA HiFi TG554 Stereo 220V 60 watts
4. DUAL Type HS39 2x6W Musickliest

Please email me at [email protected]

Hi,

Its a very nice gesture that you are planning to give away the said equipments !

As with the help part as I've already offered my hand in another thread ,here again I offer the same ! please do get in touch with me to do the needful !

Regards.

Vintage-- The word has a fragrance.

I have the following-

Rogers- Vintage tube amp HG 88
Pulz Power and Pre
Ahuja Tube amp 2 nos
Adcom- single and 5 CD changer
Pioneer 100 CD changer
Teac cassette deck
Nakamichi cassette deck-670 ZX
HPM100 award winning pioneer speakers.
Sansui- SP 7500X vintage speakers
Several record players- Garrard, MegaTech, Sony, Aiwa, Pioneer etc
Laser Disk players for movies-
Thousand of LPs and LDs

Guess what... I have around 5k Beatles records.

Vintage-- The word has a fragrance.

I have the following-

Rogers- Vintage tube amp HG 88
Pulz Power and Pre
Ahuja Tube amp 2 nos
Adcom- single and 5 CD changer
Pioneer 100 CD changer
Teac cassette deck
Nakamichi cassette deck-670 ZX
HPM100 award winning pioneer speakers.
Sansui- SP 7500X vintage speakers
Several record players- Garrard, MegaTech, Sony, Aiwa, Pioneer etc
Laser Disk players for movies-
Thousand of LPs and LDs

Guess what... I have around 5k Beatles records.

Dear Vinyl Man,

Any LPs available for sale now?

Regards,
Suresh
[email protected]

Hi Anil.HI folks,
I had packed away a
amp i bought in 1985 use it till 1990 and packed it away.It is a Luxman L55A.I am dustin the cob webs away and hope it will work.When it did work long ago it was a marvelous amp ..Has anyone heard of this amp.Hoping to hook it up again
Madhavan nair?

Hi,

The Luxman L55 A is a very good amp,it is a product from the golden age of the brand.

A properly restored L55 A will hold its own and most probably better the newer NAD's,Cambridge Audio et all.

The amp is biased to run in Class A for most of its output.
It also has a very good phono stage.

Your amp has been in storage for a long time,I suggest that you get the amp checked once by a good Tech.and replace dodgy caps and resistors before pluging it into the mains.Try to get a service manual and also check if the DC ofset and Bias are OK.

Join the Luxman group on Yahoo,very friendly and plenty of people willing to help. Though I have been using only tube amps for the past several years, I still retain my old Lux C1000 pre/M4000 power amp .

Regards
Rajiv

Hi
I have no technical knowledge but yes I have heard that after few years of non-use capacitors do get weak and you will not get the same performance. As luxman was very very reputed brand they would have used best stuff and I guarantee you after cleaning it will work as new. All you need to do is give it a daily run after warming up it will perform better.
Personally I would compromise little bit of performace rather than removing original parts.
Do keep us informed.
Regards
Hiten

Hello Madhavan Nair, this was one of the top model in the Luxman range for home audio, circa the 80's. The older Luxman stuff was quite good, what you have is a very nice piece of history from the glory days. The Luxman stuff was heavily influenced by classic tubed Marantz and McIntosh. The esoteric Japanese audio engineers have long been fascinated by these legendary marques. This came with satin finished aluminum front panel with solid machined knobs & rosewood finish wood cabinet, looked so good!!!!
These amps are real beauties! Hope your amp works :)

L55A.jpg

Hi Anil.HI folks,
I had packed away a
amp i bought in 1985 use it till 1990 and packed it away.It is a Luxman L55A.I am dustin the cob webs away and hope it will work.When it did work long ago it was a marvelous amp ..Has anyone heard of this amp.Hoping to hook it up again
Madhavan nair?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back