Small dent in tweeter!!

krishtrinity

i got a small dent in my tweeter of radius 90 speakers,as far as i know there is no difference in soundquality?..should i be concerned i always put the grill but it's in back on my mind whenever i play music..:sad:

Use double sided tape and pull the sent out. Single side tape is also ok. Debt is easy to remove it big, smaller dents are tougher and tricky

Buy a 5 ml hypodermic syringe from the chemist.
Cut the barrel below the tip.
Smoothen the edges.
Keep and hold the open mouth of the barrel over the dent with one hand.
Gently pull back the plunger to create a vacuum which will pull the dent out.
Replace grill and promise never to remove it or fiddle with the drivers again.

No cutting required. I removed these kind of dents from my vintage tweeters. Take carpenters white masking tape. carefully lay over that dent and with small pressure, not increasing dent, press against dent. Make sure it sticks well. It make concave shape leaving 1" longer tape both sides of dent to pull.
Pull masking tape making 45 degree angle to tweeter surface and tape. You are done. Don't worry you can repeat the process, no damage is done to tweeter.

Dont make any hole into cone. Vacuum did not work for me.

Last edited:
Thank you all..but I am not going to try anything until the dent begins to affect sound,till then I have to put the grill and forget the dent

No cutting required. I removed these kind of dents from my vintage tweeters. Take carpenters white masking tape. carefully lay over that dent and with small pressure, not increasing dent, press against dent. Make sure it sticks well. It make concave shape leaving 1" longer tape both sides of dent to pull.
Pull masking tape making 45 degree angle to tweeter surface and tape. You are done. Don't worry you can repeat the process, no damage is done to tweeter.

Dont make any hole into cone. Vacuum did not work for me.

Thank you so much,i fixed the dent in the tweeter just tried what you said.I can't believe my eyes when i pulled the tape the third time it was back to normal,you are a life saver.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back