Small display for browsing music files

forever.pramod

There is a media player (Popcorn Hour), which includes internal HDD with both digital and analogue out, Mimby as DAC, Marantz PM8005 as Integrated Amp and Dali Zensor 7 as speakers in my setup.

My issue is, whenever I start to play music from audio player, I need a screen to help me browsing the audio files, for this I need to turn on my 55 inch TV, which I don't feel convenient. Also, I need to turn the screen off of the TV in order to enjoy the music fully.

My query is, is there any small screen/display available (with HDMI or composite A/V input), so that I can connect it and use for browsing files in my HDD.

There is a media player (Popcorn Hour), which includes internal HDD with both digital and analogue out, Mimby as DAC, Marantz PM8005 as Integrated Amp and Dali Zensor 7 as speakers in my setup.

My issue is, whenever I start to play music from audio player, I need a screen to help me browsing the audio files, for this I need to turn on my 55 inch TV, which I don't feel convenient. Also, I need to turn the screen off of the TV in order to enjoy the music fully.

My query is, is there any small screen/display available (with HDMI or composite A/V input), so that I can connect it and use for browsing files in my HDD.
I searched for similar kind of requirement long back result came across few models as mentioned below.
Ali express has few models and car stereo double din has that RCA video in option I believe.But I don't have hands-on experience with those things.

Small display

Last edited:
Check if there is any android remote for media player.For htpc,l use 'UnifiedRemote' which allows to access even media files on hard disc on mobile phone.So no need of display.Just read on phone and play in media player.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. I think I have got an idea about it.

Initially, I was planning to buy a pre-owned logitech squeezebox touch, as there was no other option with me, but now I think it's wise not to spend extra 10k for this. As I have already my own player and DAC. Please suggest if I am correct

Found this one, seems it will fulfill my requirement.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. I think I have got an idea about it.

Initially, I was planning to buy a pre-owned logitech squeezebox touch, as there was no other option with me, but now I think it's wise not to spend extra 10k for this. As I have already my own player and DAC. Please suggest if I am correct

Found this one, seems it will fulfill my requirement.

This product Video quality output may not be good imho .As it is 4.3 inch ,think how big is your display fonts from your player( GUI ) and decide.If image quality is not clear( blurred since it is small display and RCA input) your requirement may not get fulfilled.
It's ur call

8" monitor with HDMI display should be good. Not sure if available in India. May be good to check if someone is coming from US/UK and bring it for you. Alternatively Ali express should also have this kind of monitors with reasonable price.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back