Smallest LCD TV with HDMI or DVI

god2007

What is the smallest size LCD TV with HDMI or a monitor with DVI in india, preferably HD ready?

Does any member of the forum aware of such one of less than 15 inch diagonal size available in india? I have seen ads for many 7 inch and 9 inch car TVs. But their resolution is not given and they also lacks the HDMI / DVI port.

Last edited:
What is the smallest size LCD TV with HDMI or a monitor with DVI in india, preferably HD ready?

Does any member of the forum aware of such one of less than 15 inch diagonal size available in india? I have seen ads for many 7 inch and 9 inch car TVs. But their resolution is not given and they also lacks the HDMI / DVI port.

19" or 22" monitor/TVs are available with Full HD resolution. I suggest you go with a Samsung 22" FHD monitor available at around 12k only.

Samsung 22 FHD LED monitor is available for 8k in SP Road with bill ! Even its mrp is just 9.4k !!
See cutting-edge eco solutions through your LED monitor. - S22A300B - LED Monitor - Monitor | SAMSUNG

WOW I never knew its been slashed so much! Now I am even more irritated with my uncle who bought a basic 22D403 Samsung at around 19k without consulting me from eZone Jayanagar and later called me after buying a VGA to component cable to connect to the TV as a computer monitor for my grand parents! Later when I told him that I would bring a DVI to HDMI cable from SP road, he went ahead and replaced that component cable with DVI to VGA one, again without informing me :mad:

My grand parents are very happy now that they have a TV serving as monitor to replace their 17" CRT monitor.

If I am not mistaken these LCD monitors consume meager power and come with 3 years ONSITE WARRANTY! So its a steal at 8k and we may even get it for 7.5k after negotiations ;)

Thanks for the replies. I do have a full HD 22 inch LED monitor. AOC make which was bought @ 7.2K a few months back. It has DVI and VGA inputs.

This time I am looking for one of 15 inch or lower, if any available. The ultimate use will be to use in a DIY projector I am planning to build. I am really fascinated by the various projector building forums like DIY Projectors - diyAudio, Guide: Building a 100 inch LCD Projector (DIY-Self Made - Updated with Pics & Video) - Page 9 etc and have decided to give it a try. With the optics I already procured, the LCD size cannot go above 15 inch. In order to connect my HD media player I need one with HDMI or DVI inputs)

My search reveals only a 20 inch Dell model as the smallest such monitor. If any other member is aware of any such small monitor or TV with HDMI or DVI please post details. The small the better.

........................ Later when I told him that I would bring a DVI to HDMI cable from SP road, he went ahead and replaced that component cable with DVI to VGA one, .............

DVI to VGA cable ........ , does such a cable available ? It is digital to analogue conversion. Not likely to possible in a cable. If it is true, can you tell me where it is available. It can solve my problem some what in another way.

Samsung monitors have very good viewing angle and PQ !! I have been using samsung 2233SWPlus FHD LCD monitor(bestseller model at that time) from past 3 years and the PQ is very good and comparable with an FHD TV(even at that time i got it for 9k in SP Road) !!

Monitors are technically computer components and so are duty-free and hence their prices compared to similar sized tv's are very less and also they sell a lot further bringing the price down.

DVI to VGA cable ........ , does such a cable available ? It is digital to analogue conversion. Not likely to possible in a cable. If it is true, can you tell me where it is available. It can solve my problem some what in another way.

These adapters are available in ebay.in and will do the work. I have one which came with my old GPU. You could also use a HDMI to DVI adapter. This adapter is backward compatible, ie HDMI to DVI or DVI to HDMI. I bought one a few days back, but I am not using it. If you are interested please send me your address I will ship it to you free.

DVI-I Male To VGA Female Adapter Converter Adaptor | eBay

Gold Plated 29pin DVI-I Female - HDMI Male adapter | eBay

I am looking for a full scale LCD TV with less then 10 inch size. There are no such offerings from well known brands.........most are from unknown Chinese companies with very poor quality.........:cool:)

first off, for very small screens it does not matter if the input is HDMI or not for the output quality. You can start to look for LCD TV monitors as some of them have the video connections be it HDMI or s-video or composite.

So can I use this LED monitor as TV with HD box? till I get my real TV :( ( expecting some slash in price for 2011 models... may be PS51D550 or D6000. )

Full HD monitors with DVI connection is a provisional arrangement for watching HD cnannels. use an HDMI-DVI converter cable (Rs.200/-) to connect HD STB. For sound you have to make alternate arrangements using the RCA sound jacks out put of the STB. For personal viewing ( 3/4 ft) this is very good.

first off, for very small screens it does not matter if the input is HDMI or not for the output quality. You can start to look for LCD TV monitors as some of them have the video connections be it HDMI or s-video or composite.

The smallest one I found with DVI is dell 20 incher. If you know any 15 inch monitor with dvi, please post.

These adapters are available in ebay.in and will do the work. I have one which came with my old GPU. You could also use a HDMI to DVI adapter. This adapter is backward compatible, ie HDMI to DVI or DVI to HDMI. I bought one a few days back, but I am not using it. If you are interested please send me your address I will ship it to you free.

DVI-I Male To VGA Female Adapter Converter Adaptor | eBay

Gold Plated 29pin DVI-I Female - HDMI Male adapter | eBay

Unforunately those links are not useful to me. I found another one in ebay:

6ft 1.8M Gold HDTV HDMI to VGA HD15 Adapter Cable | eBay

BTW an important question: Does the LCD monitors accept digital signal through VGA where only the VGA port is available ?. So far I thought that VGA is always analog. But the e-bay listing says about digital VGA.

Quote from the listing:
NOTE: Your Video card must support digital signal output through VGA port function. Please consult with your VGA card's user manual for more information.

Then can I use the cable in reverse: That is HDMI source and VGA LCD ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back