Smart phone screen sharing options for Smart TVs

Dirac

Most of us would be owning a smart phone and would like to share the phone screen on the Smart tv screen.
There could be options like connecting the the phone directly using a compatible A/V cable. I earlier used a Nokia cable via 3.5 jack of the Samsung galaxy S.

Latest phones like BB/sony Xperia Z have mini hdmi out.

But the tricky part is avoiding these cables and connect to the smart TV(which is connected to the local network) wirelessly.

Panasonic: No application exists over Android to share the entire screen of the mobile. A TV remote application that can send the videos/photos stored in the phone to the panasonic TV exists though.
Anyhow such things can be done by free applications like iMediashare for android.

Sony: Sony Xperia Z provides a one touch command for screen sharing with the smart TV.
I am not sure if the TV should be Sony or any smart TV is OK , should the TV have NFC support or DLNA support is sufficient.

LG: I presume that LG optimus series is having a screen sharing application. Whether it is restricted to LG TVs is not known to me. As LG TVs have a good thrust over smart features, I presume that TV itself would have come with feature to accomplish phone screen sharing.

Samsung: Allshare feature can share videos/content with PC and TV.
But they sell a separate dongle called "Allshare dongle" that stays near the TV and connects to it via a hdmi cable. It then connects to the smart phones like
Galaxy S3/Note etc and displays their screens.

Please share your thoughts and experiences/tricks for screen sharing and reaaly leveraging a smart TV.

i have used allshare with my samsung and sony tvs. it does not require a seperate dongle. but the system should be connected to the network (either through wired lan or wireless) and the mobile connected to the same wifi network.
btw. i was using samsung galaxy s plus to stream.

Allshare dongle is required if you want to mirror your phones display,without the dongle only movies,pictures and songs can be streamed

I find iMediashare to be the most convenient way of doing this from my iphone to sony tv. For android based phones also same can be used. Not sure if this app is available for windows based phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirac, what is your objective that you will achieve by sharing the screen of your smartphone?

:)actually I want to play angry birds watching on my st50. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Guys.I have finally ordered allshare dongle from samsung korea via ebay.Costed me 5000 bucks. Now thinking whether it is worth it.:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

With 2 to 3k more you could have got an htpc to hook up to your tv directly and play the windows version of angrybirds

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back