Smartphone vs Netbook

frnd08

Is it better to go for a smartphone, say htc types or nokia ones, or a netbook, when it comes to browsing and social networking? Right now Acer netbooks are going pretty cheap.

Depends on what is your priority. Do you want a mobile with which you can browse and work a bit when on the go? Or is browsing and working more important and there is no need for the device to be a mobile phone that you can place and receive calls with?

The best convergence device that I've found is the Apple iPhone with allows you to have a great mobile phone and also allows for very decent browsing abilities on it. Comparitively browsing is a real pain in other mobile phones. Netbooks are pretty decent too and can do a lot, but cannot really compare with a laptop or a PC either.

Well,an iPhone is very handy in the toilet, and unless you watch movies on your laptop, an optical drive is not necessary, so a netbook at work or around the house.
but in the toilet - iPhone:)

depends on whether you wipe or you wash!

Well,an iPhone is very handy in the toilet, and unless you watch movies on your laptop, an optical drive is not necessary, so a netbook at work or around the house.
but in the toilet - iPhone:)

Depends on what is your priority. Do you want a mobile with which you can browse and work a bit when on the go? Or is browsing and working more important and there is no need for the device to be a mobile phone that you can place and receive calls with?

The best convergence device that I've found is the Apple iPhone with allows you to have a great mobile phone and also allows for very decent browsing abilities on it. Comparitively browsing is a real pain in other mobile phones. Netbooks are pretty decent too and can do a lot, but cannot really compare with a laptop or a PC either.

thanks for the reply.

my priority is basically browsing on the go, and a bit of e-book (say a pdf file) reading. now on most phones that can be a bit of a hassle (coz of the small screen etc.) isnt it? the reason why i kinda prefer netbook is that its not too large and can perform decent tasks. however, if a phone can do what it does, then of course there's no point carrying something large around.

thanks for the reply.

my priority is basically browsing on the go, and a bit of e-book (say a pdf file) reading. now on most phones that can be a bit of a hassle (coz of the small screen etc.) isnt it? the reason why i kinda prefer netbook is that its not too large and can perform decent tasks. however, if a phone can do what it does, then of course there's no point carrying something large around.

if you are going to do any sort of pdf file opening and reading, you must have the netbook.

like you say the phone screen is to small.

it was my wont to use the iphone for browsing, but now i preferentially use the acer netbook (except in the toilet)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back