Some Harmonics knowledge

I am trying various things. It will take a month or two to figure what works in my system.

Am also planning to try above. Am not sure how to connect this. Can someone help?

Agreed jls001. On the audio power cord and ic, ferrite beads is a complete no no. Here am trying only on led lights

I'm very interested in knowing the process you follow in selection of the ferrite choke to use.

Keith, I have bought TDK brand ferrite clamps. I have bought 5mm and 9mm clamps. I am trying it out on various stuff. It’s still in the experimentation stage.

I already have a ac line filter on my TV, set top box, WiFi router and the fridge. I have had it for nearly a decade now. They are filters used by military and enthusiasts who are into ham radio. Ham radio operators cannot have any RF bleed from other equipment.

I will also be trying the Schaffner filter designed specifically for lighting

Based on the limited knowledge I have, I understand that there are chokes and then there are chokes. Chokes are built to target and attenuate frequency bands and one should know the offending frequencies and then use chokes targeting those frequencies or else buying chokes blind will/may do no good.
I found this interesting: https://www.emisindia.com/product-catalogues/
Check out their "Power Quality Filters". Maybe you can call and speak to someone there who will probably be more than willing to suggest a solution to the problem. If you do, please post what they say and I will thank you. :)

I have already reached out to them :)

They recommended the MF 420 model

At present the only one I could find which addresses the problems generated by LED lights is the Schaffner one. It’s not expensive. Around USD 25.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back