Some parting words...

murali

I have been in this forum only for a very short period of time and as I am going abroad by the end of this month and is likely to be away for an year or two, I will be gradually fading out in the coming days. I have found this a very interesting forum with a lot of budding audio and video philes as well as some seasoned campaigners.
My postings have been limited and I take this opportunity to thank those who have responded in earnest and hope some of them might have been of some value to some. I also apologise to those who might have taken offence in anything I said, believe me, nothing was intentional, just sharing my views and beliefs.
I might still show up occasionally here and there and till then, goodbye and thank you.

> murali

Was good having you here. All the best. Which country are you relocating?

Bahrain is a lovely place! It used to be our watering hole during a short stint in Saudi Arabia.

However is a goodbye rather drastic - the world-wide-web is after all worldwide! :) Please keep logging-in from wherever you'll be - Your expertise can benefit a lot of us!

Hey wish you all the very best ! do log in one once a while

So are you taking your HiFi with you ? :D

Hey wish you all the very best ! do log in one once a while

So are you taking your HiFi with you ? :D

Thanks for all your kind words. I expect to be active in this forum for another 2-3 weeks and once I leave, may be once in a while.
Not at all taking my hifi stuff. My family remains here for the time being and can continue listening. I am already getting calls about sales too!!! Especially the Vandy speakers. No way, unless I find a pair of Quatros somewhere. For that matter, the VTL preamp too should I locate a fully balanced better pre. No ideas at all to part with the Ayre C-5xe and V-5xe.
I already sold my previous Arcam CD-192. Still looking for a cablephile who might be interested in my Audioquest Gibraltar internal biwire cables which is lying idle as I have moved to AQ's double biwire.
Regards.

> murali

:) you should be able to get them in Bahrain so much easier. with the low taxes in the middle east it should be easier..maybe even a pair of the 2Wq's ;)

All the Best Murli for your time in Bahrain,

I ahve really enjoyed and learned from your clear views presented in an objective manner.

Best Regards,

Danccc

Last edited:
:) you should be able to get them in Bahrain so much easier. with the low taxes in the middle east it should be easier..maybe even a pair of the 2Wq's ;)

I doubt. However, with Vandy Quattro, I won't need subwoofer as it has built in.
In fact after reading several postings on the subject of one gentleman looking for speakers for Rs 2 lakhs, who rejects Thiel, I believe buying a Vandy 2Ce Signature pair with a pair of 2WQ subs direct from their international dealer in USA (like I did) would give him the best of both worlds, especially with the high pass filter that comes with the subs. For a total of $4,500, he can straightaway get a 25% discount as an overseas buyer. Freight to metros like Mumbai and Bangalore is not expensive (I think $2.50 per kg) and all he has to tackle is the Customs. Believe me, he will never have to change his speakers again. If funds permit, he can even opt 3A Signature. Just my view.
Thanks.

> murali

Hi Murali
Good luck from my side too.
On the 2CE speakers - there is a pair for sale from a customer of mine, he offered it on sale a while back and is still looking to get rid of it, so if you know anyone interested (preferably in BLR) do let me know. This goes for anyone else as well who might be interested in the Vandy's, if so, pls email (do not PM) for the contact information.

cheers
[email protected]

Good luck Murali,

Truly enjoyed your posts. You are one of the few people here who truly was interested in the science behind our hobby and was never carried away by brand names.

Wish you all the very best. Ya, as everyone says you should try to login whenever you find some time to spare. Look forward to that. Bye

goodbye and good luck murali.....you were one of the true audiophiles on this forum, and it was a privilege to have you advising us....let's hope you can find time for a post or two even once you move to Bahrain...

Hi Murali
Good luck from my side too.
On the 2CE speakers - there is a pair for sale from a customer of mine, he offered it on sale a while back and is still looking to get rid of it, so if you know anyone interested (preferably in BLR) do let me know. This goes for anyone else as well who might be interested in the Vandy's, if so, pls email (do not PM) for the contact information.

cheers
[email protected]

Vandersteen 2Ce is an older model and they changed to 2Ce Signature about 10-12 years back which I own, having bought a new pair about 4 years back. Last year they have introduced the 2Ce Signature version-2 which I believe costs about US$2,000 per pair.
Some people called me about the 2Ce (I presume yours for sale) and I don't know what it will fetch now. As far as I know, the 2Ce is upgradable as Richard upgraded its drivers in the signature versions.
One thing for sure. The 2Ce model is one of the longest surviving classics in speakers, just like Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic in cars. There are not too many speakers around with such immortality, if I may call so, except for the Quad electrostatics and a few others.
That is the reason I mentioned in my posting to arj that someone wishing to spend around Rs 2L for speakers should certainly consider a pair of 2Ce plus a pair of 2WQ subwoofers with high pass filters. With a little more money, go for the 3A Signature pair. The best value for money in a high-end system. The Vandy speakers are cloth bound and no wooden cabinets or baffles and if you consider that nearly 40-50% of the cost of a speaker goes for exotic wooden cabinets, Richard Vandersteen spends all his money for the excellent drivers and electrics, that is why they have lasted so long.

> murali

Freight to metros like Mumbai and Bangalore is not expensive (I think $2.50 per kg) and all he has to tackle is the Customs.

> murali

Murali

Are you sure about this? May I know who the service provider is?

Murali

Are you sure about this? May I know who the service provider is?

The last quote I saw was a little < $4.00 per kg from USA to Bangalore by air which probably had gone up from the 2.50-3.00 range due to fuel surcharge which wasn't there earlier. You can contact freight agencies in your area or if you are ordering directly with USA, you can ask them to quote the freight too from their regular agencies. Not DHL or Fedex or UPS, try with export/import freight agencies who may have better rates.
Trust this helps.
> murali

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back