Something blew up in AVR

Silentstorm

Hello guys, need little help here!
I bought a new stepdown for my AVR and on the first go i think it blew something inside the AVR, i opened and checked the fuse and other things and they seem to be fine... it is just not turning On. Can you please suggest a reliable repair show in Delhi ncr where i should take it to?
Thanks in advance!

Can you specify what avr is it?Have you tried a factory reset?

I bought a new stepdown for my AVR and on the first go i think it blew something inside the AVR, i opened and checked the fuse and other things and they seem to be fine... it is just not turning On. Can you please suggest a reliable repair show in Delhi ncr where i should take it to?
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
It's no so clear for me to narrow down with suggestion.
Few questions iny mind.
Sorry ,Assuming that you are not DIY guy.
Are you sure the stepdown transformer is working fine?
Any glowing LED or Neon lamp indication is there in your stepdown transformer which shows the input is present inside the stepdown transformer at worst case.?
Possibilities to check the output voltage of the stepdown transformer ?
I know it is not possible for Non DIY guy to check the stepdown transformer input /output.
Atleast you can try with some road side electrician to check the output VOLTAGE of stepdown transformer before looking for AVR service.
Understood from your request you just connected the New stepdown transformer and it is not working ,my understanding is correct?
Did your heard any abnormal sound ? Or smell from stepdown transformer or from AVR which makes you to think you blown something inside the AVR?
Stepdown transformer is sturdy and it is built inside metal box.
During transit this transformer position would have moved inside the casing due to bad fixing screws which could create some issue inside the stepdown converter.
I have seen most of the stepdown transformers are physically damaged condition due to the size and packing is not that great for the weight and mainly due to cost.
Did you calculated the power rating for AVR and bought slightly higher power rating ?
Have you ever checked the AVR with some other stepdown transformer before connecting this new stepdown transformer?
Share the photograph of stepdown transformer or model link.
What is your AVR model.?

Thank you for all the inputs. The model is Rx-V773, bought it in US long time back, stepdown looks like this(attached). It is outputting 120 volt and 500watts. I opened and looked inside, there is current inside, the fuse is fine and there is current reaching inside. It is not just booting up.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi,
It's no so clear for me to narrow down with suggestion.
Few questions iny mind.
Sorry ,Assuming that you are not DIY guy.
Are you sure the stepdown transformer is working fine?
Any glowing LED or Neon lamp indication is there in your stepdown transformer which shows the input is present inside the stepdown transformer at worst case.?
Possibilities to check the output voltage of the stepdown transformer ?
I know it is not possible for Non DIY guy to check the stepdown transformer input /output.
Atleast you can try with some road side electrician to check the output VOLTAGE of stepdown transformer before looking for AVR service.
Understood from your request you just connected the New stepdown transformer and it is not working ,my understanding is correct?
Did your heard any abnormal sound ? Or smell from stepdown transformer or from AVR which makes you to think you blown something inside the AVR?
Stepdown transformer is sturdy and it is built inside metal box.
During transit this transformer position would have moved inside the casing due to bad fixing screws which could create some issue inside the stepdown converter.
I have seen most of the stepdown transformers are physically damaged condition due to the size and packing is not that great for the weight and mainly due to cost.
Did you calculated the power rating for AVR and bought slightly higher power rating ?
Have you ever checked the AVR with some other stepdown transformer before connecting this new stepdown transformer?
Share the photograph of stepdown transformer or model link.
What is your AVR model.?

All checked :)

Thanks in advance!

Best to take it to one of the Yamaha authorized centers. I was about to provide the names of the centers I trust(TMH & AHA) & from where I have got couple of my old Yamaha products serviced until I saw your preferred/current location in your first thread.

Here you go., please choose Audio Video & HiFi, enter your pin code & pick the closest/best after enquiry.

https://in.yamaha.com/en/support/service_locator/

Thanks!

Best to take it to one of the Yamaha authorized centers. I was about to provide the names of the centers I trust(TMH & AHA) & from where I have got couple of my old Yamaha products serviced until I saw your preferred/current location in your first thread.

Here you go., please choose Audio Video & HiFi, enter your pin code & pick the closest/best after enquiry.

https://in.yamaha.com/en/support/service_locator/

Thanks!
Seems like the last and best option, Thanks!!

Possibly the service center may make a fuss since it is US purchase....anyways no harm trying .....

If there are skillful local repairers...like we have here in Mumbai....they can check and replace the transformer to a 220volt....

If there are skillful local repairers...like we have here in Mumbai....they can check and replace the transformer to a 220volt....
Hi @efernand1 can you PM or post details here ? i have an onkyo and if that switch would be possible it would be great and save some space

Naval Service
(Jatin Bhai)

Room No. 5/7, Narayan Nivas, Dhus Wadi, Behind Marine Lines Church, Marine line, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002

98678 71427

All the best.....

You can take it to Hitech Service Point, Koramangala (Behind Bethany school). Very competent in amplifiers and AVRs. My friend got his receiver repaired here( the Yamaha guys sat on for months and finally couldn't/didn't repair). Ask for Anil or Johnson.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back