Sonar Esssense STS (gen1) sound card

Suman Dachepalli

Hello,

Recently I got my hands on Asus Essense STX (gen1) card, wanted to fit on my ASROCK MB which is PCiEx16 slot, HTPC guru's can some one suggest me if this combo works or not, if not I will have to rethink on my MB

Awaiting for your suggestions.

Usually 1X soundcards will work easily on 16X (graphic card slot). I had tried Asus xonar D2X in 16X slot of asus motherboard and it worked without an issue.

Thank you, will try it.

Another hiccup is that my SMPS does not have (LP4)power connector for PCIe card, Iam trying to contact technician to make modifications to SMPS wiring so that it has provision for LP4 connector.

Thank you, will try it.

Another hiccup is that my SMPS does not have (LP4)power connector for PCIe card, Iam trying to contact technician to make modifications to SMPS wiring so that it has provision for LP4 connector.
I would advice upgrading your smps to something like the Corsair 450w one. It's gives clean output and has all connectors needed. Very reliable too.

MaSh

Thank you, will try it.

There are some converter cables available in the market.Make sure those work for you.

Make sure there is not much power fluctuations or abrupt power cuts, mine died abruptly and got a credit note of 9k after claiming warranty that too after 3 months.

Make sure there is not much power fluctuations or abrupt power cuts, mine died abruptly and got a credit note of 9k after claiming warranty that too after 3 months.
Oh you mean to say the sound card died after power cut, thats bad. Even my setup dont have any battery backup and power goes off sometimes. Thanks for info now need to think of something.

Yup just died abruptly once when lights went out and i restarted my pc. Everything was fine the powering on routine and windows detection , just the sound output stopped coming.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back