Sonodyne Jet Line Series Amplifier

ShantaramChari

Yesterday I acquired a Vintage Sonodyne Jet Line Series Amp from my dad's friend. The amp is in a nice condition but with full of dust, when I opened the wood cover of the amp and checked components and found that 1 pair of the output transistor has been replaced. Can anyone please share some internal images of the original output so I can restore this amplifier.

Very nice. My neighbor had this paired along with a Super Jet Line series stand mount speaker. The performance was excellent. Was also my first introduction to the brand Sonodyne.

I hope you are able to find someone to re new and restore the internals as close to original. Should be easy being Bombay.

Yesterday I acquired a Vintage Sonodyne Jet Line Series Amp from my dad's friend. The amp is in a nice condition but with full of dust, when I opened the wood cover of the amp and checked components and found that 1 pair of the output transistor has been replaced. Can anyone please share some internal images of the original output so I can restore this amplifier.
As you have used the word 'pair' I would assume that both the replaced transistors are beside each other. These are likely to be the transistors of a single channel. Have you checked the corresponding values of the other channel (you can easily identify which pair has been changed from the solder tracks). It is also possible that the technician had replaced them with the same values but all this is based on logical guessing. Pictures could help us give more accurate suggestions.

As you have used the word 'pair' I would assume that both the replaced transistors are beside each other. These are likely to be the transistors of a single channel. Have you checked the corresponding values of the other channel (you can easily identify which pair has been changed from the solder tracks). It is also possible that the technician had replaced them with the same values but all this is based on logical guessing. Pictures could help us give more accurate suggestions.
The transistors are been replaced with their equivalent. Possibly 1 channel output transistor is gone since there are two blown resistors below the transistor. Would get them replaced and will get it running back these amp again.

The transistors are been replaced with their equivalent. Possibly 1 channel output transistor is gone since there are two blown resistors below the transistor. Would get them replaced and will get it running back these amp again.
Someone post a picture of sonodyne studio 100 speaker?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back