Sonodyne offer

Anyone know the Sonodyne dealer in Chennai? I want to check their Roarr series of subwoofers. This offer might make the deal.

Anyone know the Sonodyne dealer in Chennai? I want to check their Roarr series of subwoofers. This offer might make the deal.

Even I am interested in this, but I don't think they have a dealer in Chennai. The delaer mentioned on their site doesn't seem to exist.

Warm Regds / Shailender

How good is Roarr, any expert views please, even I may like to consider this. Any other comparative SUBs to this if you may advise ! thanks in advance ;)

How good is Roarr, any expert views please, even I may like to consider this. Any other comparative SUBs to this if you may advise ! thanks in advance ;)

yup...even I'd like an opinion on the roarr and their bipole/dipole...

Well, I was given a demo of Sonodyne products (2.0, 5.1 and soundbar) at the South City Mall showroom in Calcutta, in December 2008. To be honest, I was almost completely underwhelmed by what I heard.

I especially did not care at all for their tower speakers (Sonus 2605)/stereo integrated amp (SIA 102R). Trisha Yearwood sounded average, but Norah Jones' Come Away With Me and Tina Arena's In Deep both sounded terrible through it - all the bass was missing. When I complained to the salesman about this, he told me that adding a subwoofer to the two speakers would help correct it! :rolleyes:

I didn't care for their home cinema system system, either. It's okay (though unspectacular) with discs like Star Wars, but feed it something more subtle like The Golden Compass and you'll find that it still sounds pretty underwhelming on their 5.1 system. And this was the Processor/Pre-amp with their Avant 5.1 speaker system.

I'd rate their soundbar somewhat higher because of their modest claims. It does what they say it does, adds an extra dimension to one's LCD TV speakers - and even there it decidedly needed a subwoofer to do it's job.

IMO, Sonodyne represents style over sonic substance. Don't buy their stuff unless you listen to it and are satisfied with it. I was not.

Here's the contact page for Sonodyne: http://www.sonodyne.com/conttxt.html

Personally I would direct you guys to Pulz instead, yes, it's got a horrible, horrible Chandni finish but it sounds much. much better than it's Sonodyne counterparts (at least in stereo mode).

Last edited:
Have any Pulz amp audiophile Q for home listening?

Well, I've heard it being demoed at the local dealer in Kolkata. I spent 3 hours listening to various CDs through them. Initial impressions were very favourable towards the system. It's a very, very musical setup. Only negative thing is the crappy finish of the amp/speakers. I'll go into details tomorrow sometime. I need some time to accurately recollect what I'd heard plus some time to see if I can get the model numbers of the amp and the speakers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back