Sonodyne or KEF for HT

rohit_gsr

Greetings!!!!

I have been planning to build an HT in my house. It would be used for 80% movies and 20% music. The room size is 400sqft 20x20. I have an 64 inch Samsung Plasma. I need to pickup an AVR and 5.1 or 7.1 Speakers for the same.

I have been looking at speakers like bose, wharfdale, B&W, Kef and Sonodyne. I liked the KEF and Sonodyne due the clarity and punch it had. I have an limited budget of 2L for the speakers and AVR. I am looking for an speakers and amplifier which can last for minimum 7-10 years without any issues.

I request all the audio gurus to guide me the right speakers and AVR keeping in my with the budget i have. I have very limited knowledge on these kindly guide me.

Rohet

Each brand had a different sound signature. I suggest you take a demo of each brand and see which signature suits your listening.

To build a setup I advise this : first decide on which center you like (since centers play the most important role in movies). Based on that you can then pick the same model bookshelves or towers.

Invest wisely, choose a sub in the 40-60 k range. The good options are SVS 1000 and 2000. Take the ported ones since they are better for movies.

Satellites play a relatively minor role, so after u spend on the center, sub and mains, you can pick up satellites in the leftover budget.

I missed that you are looking for an AVR. That changes the dynamics a bit since you should look to spend about 50k on a AVR. I also suggest you look for a good 5.1 setup instead of a 7.1.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back