Sonodyne SCR2065 Amplideck

jay

Dear Friends,

Sonodyne SCR2065 was one of the most popular and heavily used Amplideck during the 80s and 90s.I remember almost all of those recording guys used to use this deck and they were extremely happy with its output.

Can you guys share your thoughts about this Deck? As how good was it and whether nowadays its advisable to use this model if available in a good condition.

Please revert.

Hello Jai, I remember seeing this for the first time in 2011 at my relative's place in Kolkata. It's well preserved, i'm not sure if it's functional now, I was told that this was a good deck in it's hay days (late 80's). The build quality was ok. Go for this only if you are nostalgis about the deck, else you can scout from the forum or outside for better players.

Honestly, let this pass. Indian decks from Sonodyne, Cosmic, Norge and Philips are prone to mechanical problems over time. Most of these used imported kits (especially Cosmic) but somehow, they were not as good as the original Japanese ones.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back