Sonodyne Super Jet Line Amplifier

sdk

I picked up a Sonodyne Super Jet Line Amplifier from a local scrap dealer and my trusty technician has got it working again.

When i emailed Sonodyne for details and possibility of repairing it, I did not get any reply. Their technician at last year's What HiFi show was not even aware of this model.

If any FM know anything about this superb amplifier or have manuals or schematics to share, i would be highly grateful.

Attachments

• IMG_20160318_101146_1458276187019[1].jpg
    IMG_20160318_101146_1458276187019[1].jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 383
Good going!
Its a shame that manufacturer has not been more forthcoming to support and celebrate their own product..

Its a nice looking amp. I am a big sucker for vintage amps, wood cases and aluminum faceplates..Not too long ago i came across a similar sonodyne vintage amp where inputs had 5 pin DIN sockets.

It was a popular amp of the '70s. After tremendous success of 'Jetline' amp, Sonodyne brought this one. But it was not able to reach the fame of 'Jetline' and faded away rather quickly.

I picked up a Sonodyne Super Jet Line Amplifier from a local scrap dealer and my trusty technician has got it working again.

When i emailed Sonodyne for details and possibility of repairing it, I did not get any reply. Their technician at last year's What HiFi show was not even aware of this model.

If any FM know anything about this superb amplifier or have manuals or schematics to share, i would be highly grateful.
Sir, could you please send me the contact details of the technician who fixed your Sonodyne jetliner amp.. thanks

hey warm wishes some months back when i got a call from local dealer about this amp, i checked for it on google and found this post of yours after reading this went ahead and bought it. it has some small issues , like a broken cabinet i made a new one still polish is remaining, changed the power switch and right volume pot. also had to find the 5 pin din connector. Totally in love with this litlle boy which is quite big on sound.

1536614063512998.jpg
1536614062034906.jpg

I think , 'Jet Line' was Originally the design & the circuits of Akai.

I think you may be confusing it with the akai jet stream

Once I had Akai Jet Stream full range speaker system, the Sonodyne Jet Line speaker series also identically same. So that I thought Sonodyne Jet Line Amp series was made in collaboration with Akai. I may be wrong. In those golden days of 70's, in India, hifi electronics mostly made as joint venture by with Japanese audio giants. Products of Cosmic, Arphi, Akai Bush - few of them. Thanks. Regards.

Once I had Akai Jet Stream full range speaker system, the Sonodyne Jet Line speaker series also identically same. So that I thought Sonodyne Jet Line Amp series was made in collaboration with Akai. I may be wrong. In those golden days of 70's, in India, hifi electronics mostly made as joint venture by with Japanese audio giants. Products of Cosmic, Arphi, Akai Bush - few of them. Thanks. Regards.

Actually they had copied the Akai system. That is how they had brought them into the limelite. Most of their stuff had been technology copied from the Japanese. Innovation of their own was nowhere to been seen except for cloning ideas from others.
That is how they started and still making waves in the same direction.

Last edited:
This is an old thread. I recently happened to buy the Sonodyne Jet line speakers and amplifiers in excellent working condition. The phono input is ceramic but sounds very good with ceramic cartridge. The speakers I understand are full range speakers

Back