Sony 32W600 or panny l32E6D or...???

Oops...forgot to add Sony has a very low input lag too which makes it the best tv u can buy today for gaming, another feather up its hat.
How I wish I could get the w670 for less then 40k then I wouldn't miss anything as it has all the bells n whistles E6d has, FHD, built in wifi, the works.
Well...I think I could wait till Diwali n see if I can get a good deal for the w670 with 2 yrs extended warranty n everything.
I don't wana compromise n get the w600 n miss FHD n wifi...n regret I didn't get the panny.
Instead get the 670 n get best of both worlds...hope so...let's see.

BTW...grey mkt price of Sony 32w670 is Arnd 35-36k...but no warranty...which is what scares me. Though I already have a Sony bx330 bought from the grey Arnd 3 yrs ago...still going strong...but dont know if I can risk it again.

Last edited:
Well the only way to know for sure whether it has a LG panel is go to a sony showroom where the tv is on display,use a digital camera to take a macro shot of a pixel and view it at 100% crop to see the structure of the sub pixel.Google for how a IPS panel and AMVA pixel looks like.

Or reduce the backlight to minimum(other wise if the backlight is bright your pupils will shrink making the blacks look blacker then it is) and use a Jpeg image 720p resolution made from MS paint in put 50% of the image in white and other in black and compare the black levels.

Sony lcd with motionflow mentioned gives 1080 lines of motion resolution.

Other like samsung which advertise Clear rate or LG withs it TruMotion don't give 1080lines,infact they don't do nothing other then drop the brightness or induce flicker.
To further illustrate take the samsung series 5 and LG 620 series 3d tv,despite them having advertised as Clear Motion Rate and TruMotion respectively ,both don't give more then 300lines of motion resolution.

Only the samsung series 6 and upwards and LG high end models gives 1080line of motion resolution.

Where as in the Sony, any model advertised as Motionflow is able to give 1080lines of motion resolution and the high end ones like W800 and above get motionflow controls with addition of frame interpolation option.
You also don't get the Soap Opera Effect on all models (W800/W900 in some modes only) .And enabling motionflow in Sony hardly contributes to increased input lag.

Don't worry about grey market.Most of my tvs where bought from grey market and all are going strong(or has been sold).

Just a month ago you could have got a grey market piece 42W670 for 45K in ebay.in now its up by 10k.

Last edited:
Well the only way to know for sure whether it has a LG panel is go to a sony showroom where the tv is on display,use a digital camera to take a macro shot of a pixel and view it at 100% crop to see the structure of the sub pixel.Google for how a IPS panel and AMVA pixel looks like.

Or reduce the backlight to minimum(other wise if the backlight is bright your pupils will shrink making the blacks look blacker then it is) and use a Jpeg image 720p resolution made from MS paint in put 50% of the image in white and other in black and compare the black levels.

Sony lcd with motionflow mentioned gives 1080 lines of motion resolution.

Other like samsung which advertise Clear rate or LG withs it TruMotion don't give 1080lines,infact they don't do nothing other then drop the brightness or induce flicker.
To further illustrate take the samsung series 5 and LG 620 series 3d tv,despite them having advertised as Clear Motion Rate and TruMotion respectively ,both don't give more then 300lines of motion resolution.

Only the samsung series 6 and upwards and LG high end models gives 1080line of motion resolution.

Where as in the Sony, any model advertised as Motionflow is able to give 1080lines of motion resolution and the high end ones like W800 and above get motionflow controls with addition of frame interpolation option.
You also don't get the Soap Opera Effect on all models (W800/W900 in some modes only) .And enabling motionflow in Sony hardly contributes to increased input lag.

Don't worry about grey market.Most of my tvs where bought from grey market and all are going strong(or has been sold).

Just a month ago you could have got a grey market piece 42W670 for 45K in ebay.in now its up by 10k.

Well you maybe right n I honestly don't know much about this motion interpolation thingy...but here is a quote from HDTV UK test reviews.

"Interestingly, the Sony W653 doesnt have any [Motionflow] control available in its user menu, but does offer an [LED Motion Mode] option which activates backlight scanning on the television. When enabled, motion resolution jumped to 1080 (the maximum value possible in the FPD Benchmark test pattern), but three undesirable side effects ensued: a drop in luminance; increased flicker that was especially noticeable on bright scenes; and double ghosted image on moving objects. In other words, although [LED Motion Mode] significantly reduced motion blur, it came with several shortcomings which made it pretty much unusable in our opinion. Your mileage may vary.

So if we go by there review...I see this feature is deemed useless. I definitely don't want flicker n ghosting....n there is more to it...one can chek out the review.

But, it doesn't really matter to me...since now I know true refresh rate of both these sets is similar but the impressive black levels of sony's VA panel n lowest input lag for gaming takes the cake.

I just hope I get a good deal on the w670 during Diwali...or the prices come down a bit...otherwise it's gonna be the panny e6d...which ain't far behind n I am sure I'll get an even more mouth watering deal then.

Regarding buying it form the grey, I m not sure this time..since these days I here more stories of defective panels etc.
Though I mentioned, that I too am a satisfied grey mkt customer...but somehow can't make up my mind this time as now we have option of a 3 yr warranty.
Yes, if I had an option of only 1 yr...I would go with grey mkt eyes closed...n it's tempting me everyday.

Last edited:
Well going by the way our currency is falling,i wouldn't be suprised if the prise remain the same even during diwali or may even increase.

Yes the the motionflow implemented in W670 may have those drawbacks but its best to view them in showroom,since flicker can be seen by some and some don't.The drop in luminance occurs even in flagship lcd/led tvs if one engages the backlight scanning.

Well going by the way our currency is falling,i wouldn't be suprised if the prise remain the same even during diwali or may even increase.

Yes the the motionflow implemented in W670 may have those drawbacks but its best to view them in showroom,since flicker can be seen by some and some don't.The drop in luminance occurs even in flagship lcd/led tvs if one engages the backlight scanning.

yes, you maybe right...the prices may increase but I m still positive abt Diwali..that I will get some great deal.

BTW...I am stil confused...was going through whathifi's review of both these sets....n those guys are gaga over the panny for everything except its sound...given it 5/5 stars n havent stopped praising this tv in their entire review for almost everything.
There Sony w650 review is also great but have rated it shade below panny n has given it 4/5 stars n contrary to other reviews I read, these guys have pointed out that panny's black n whites are stellar even though it's IPS n sony's is good to..but could've been even better due to a VA panel.

Actually, most of the 2013 panny viera range is getting stellar reviews for its PQ...or it's smart features.

I think with these both tvs...both are equally good in their own rights...no one is better.
So it all boils down what my eyes like during a thorough side by side demo test.

Btw, for video enthusiasts n experts....panny has a very extensive n advanced picture/colour customisation settings...white correction, gamma n what not...which is been given a big thumbs up.
One can go through the reviews to find out more about this.
None of the mid range led tvs have such kinda settings...including Sony.

BTW, any Delhi/NCR members with panasonic tvs here...would like to ask a question. How is the after sales service of Panasonic here...since I have no idea.

If whats hi has said that they saw better blacks in IPS panel then a VA ,then i am not surprised at their findings.Since even i have said in the past that whats hifi said the same for panasonic 37" IPS lcd tv a couple of years back, which is when i stopped reading their reviews.This again proves that they don't know what they are talking about or either due to bias or paid to write.

Whathifi is the best review house that is not too technical like a cnet or hdtv.
All of their reviews are bang on .
Almost all of my products are based on their reviews. And all of them are superior in performance.
They really know what an entertaining video or audio quality means without giving too much of importance to presumptions like VA vs IPS panels.
We all know that the panel driving logic is more important than the native panel itself.
The best example is a w800. The pic is so delicious that you don't even care or think about its IPS panel.
Panasonic is the new kid on the block.
With its expertise in plasma producing three straight reference plasmas in different price ranges in 2013, I am sure that this experience of theirs would seep into their led range. The e6 and DT series are examples for this.
That too at cheaper prices than Sony's.
One nice advertisement showcasing their picture processing abilities is enough to
Dent the sales of sony and Samsung.
And ofcourse that of the LGs too.

Btw just skimmed through the 650 review of whathifi.com.
Nowhere there is a mention of VA vs IPS.
They only said that Sony could get a touch more details.
So its better for people to go through the review first and then comment, rather than giving their own presumptions that whathifi jacks up ratings taking money from the tv makers.

Looking at the vfm factor and 3 yrs standard warranty without additional costs, Panasonic E6D makes the most sense especially when compared to the w670 which is easily 40k+. I think comparing the w600 to e6d doesn't make sense as former is a 720p display n doesn't have inbuilt wifi.
A direct competitor is w670 which is waay to pricey plus add 2.5k for extended 2 yr warranty n i think the difference would amt to nearly 10k. I don't think it justifies the premium over E6d, no matter which way u look at it.
I'd rather save that 10k for my PS4... ;-)

It's also got another major advantage of a very advanced colour management system (CMS) found only on very high end LEDs mean for video enthusiast.
I would want all the help from the gurus here in calibrating this tv with all these advanced options.
I would be watching tons of HD movies via USB, n I now Sony is a bit stingy in supporting multiple video formats.

So...panny 32E6D it is, hope to get one in under 35k, read somewhere on another forum that someone was offered this tv for 34k couple of months back.

In the meantime, any hands on feedback Or review on this model would be appreciated.
I am surprised there is not a single owner of this tv in 32" or 42" size here, even though it's a 5 star rated model n VFM.
I think, when it comes to LED/LCDs we all love our sony's n sammys...right :wink:

Panasonic TH L32E6D is available for Rs. 37710 on shopclues. Anybody aware of lower prices than this ? I am also interested in buying this :)

Did u get this TV for a cheaper price n have u bought one ? Do post a review if u have....
I couldn't fine it cheaper then 37k as of now...I was told that the prices have increased in the last month or so.
This tv was also out of stock with quite a few retailers...that means its selling well, that's good news.
But, I hope to get get one at 35k or under....fingers crossed.

Did u get this TV for a cheaper price n have u bought one ? Do post a review if u have....
I couldn't fine it cheaper then 37k as of now...I was told that the prices have increased in the last month or so.
This tv was also out of stock with quite a few retailers...that means its selling well, that's good news.
But, I hope to get get one at 35k or under....fingers crossed.

It was available for Rs. 36199 on infibeam few weeks ago but went out of stock within few days. Currently lowest price online is 37710 on shopclues as per my search.
I haven't bought it as I am divided between this and LG 42PN4500 Plasma :). I don't need any smart features. I need only basic TV and within 35k range, this LG plasma is the best we can get IMO. We are getting 42inch TV with impressive PQ and SQ is also very good.
Panasonic's new entry level model TH -L32B6D is also very good option. It also have same IPS panel as in E6 model. It is not full HD but HD ready and without all smart feature found in E6. So it is good alternative to E6, It's reviews all also very good

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Panasonic TX-L32B6B 32 Inch Widescreen Freeview HD, HD Ready 720 LED TV

Buy Panasonic TX-L32B6B 32 inch HD Ready 720p LED TV with Freeview HD from our LED TVs range - Tesco.com

Some info. regarding Sony's 2013 TV Panels
421265d1378463429-sony-w6-owners-thread-panely-sony-2013.jpg

Looking at the vfm factor and 3 yrs standard warranty without additional costs, Panasonic E6D makes the most sense especially when compared to the w670 which is easily 40k+. I think comparing the w600 to e6d doesn't make sense as former is a 720p display n doesn't have inbuilt wifi.
A direct competitor is w670 which is waay to pricey plus add 2.5k for extended 2 yr warranty n i think the difference would amt to nearly 10k. I don't think it justifies the premium over E6d, no matter which way u look at it.
I'd rather save that 10k for my PS4... ;-)

It's also got another major advantage of a very advanced colour management system (CMS) found only on very high end LEDs mean for video enthusiast.
I would want all the help from the gurus here in calibrating this tv with all these advanced options.
I would be watching tons of HD movies via USB, n I now Sony is a bit stingy in supporting multiple video formats.

So...panny 32E6D it is, hope to get one in under 35k, read somewhere on another forum that someone was offered this tv for 34k couple of months back.

In the meantime, any hands on feedback Or review on this model would be appreciated.
I am surprised there is not a single owner of this tv in 32" or 42" size here, even though it's a 5 star rated model n VFM.
I think, when it comes to LED/LCDs we all love our sony's n sammys...right :wink:

Hi, I am looking forward to buy the Panasonic TH-L32E6D and wanted to know your review for it? Have you played any games on it? Is it able to play all formats? How do you like the PQ of SD content?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back