sony 47inch W850A best settings

tutanghosh

HI,
I recently purchased Sony 47 inch W850A, can you let me know what is the best picture and audio settings for the TV?
Thanks,
Arnab

There are no perfect universal settings for everyone because viewing conditions differ. Best is to calibrate yourself and it is not difficult at all. All you need is a PC/laptop with DVD writer, a blank DVD and a BD or DVD player. If your PC/laptop has HDMI out, then DVD player is also not needed.

Step 1. Download AVCHD.exe from here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
Step 2. Execute the AVCHD.exe in a PC folder, i.e., decompress the file.
Step 3. Burn the contents of that folder to a DVD
Step 4. Pop the DVD into a DVD/BD player connected to the TV. You can use PC also as suggested above.
Step 5. Follow the step by step instructions. There is a video manual also.

-----
The setting of two most basic things, i.e., black level and white level, are more than sufficient for most cases.

There are no perfect universal settings for everyone because viewing conditions differ. Best is to calibrate yourself and it is not difficult at all. All you need is a PC/laptop with DVD writer, a blank DVD and a BD or DVD player. If your PC/laptop has HDMI out, then DVD player is also not needed.

Step 1. Download AVCHD.exe from here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
Step 2. Execute the AVCHD.exe in a PC folder, i.e., decompress the file.
Step 3. Burn the contents of that folder to a DVD
Step 4. Pop the DVD into a DVD/BD player connected to the TV. You can use PC also as suggested above.
Step 5. Follow the step by step instructions. There is a video manual also.

-----
The setting of two most basic things, i.e., black level and white level, are more than sufficient for most cases.

Do this work with any TV model ? I have Samsung 55f6400 and want to try it out

Yes. Works for any TV - LCD, LED, Plasma - even CRT - though the software is designed for flat panels.

it seem to be of professional level.for novice like me its freaking.someone out there please post best settings if fine tuned their idiot box.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back