SONY 4K Television Reviews

Hello.....When its Sony .....Bravia.....Triliminous display....then no looking back. I have full HD sony 55 inch with triliminous display. When I compared with leading brands.....Sony's colors are too awesome alongwith contrast, sharpness and depth......Its SONY.

Have a look at Samsung 4K tv also. I find colours oversaturated in Sony TV, especially the green ones. Have a look at both of them, compare and then decide.

hey thanks amedius. I am also using most of them are from SONY. But still some models may have negative reviews. I dont find much reviews about the TV I mentioned.

It would be helpful If I get some more feed back.

Hi People,

I need your help in providing reviews about SONY 49X8500B non android series.

Right now there are no much reviews about the tv. The TV comes with 3D also.

Now which is available on amazon.in for 1.3L. Has someone experienced in this? I am going to buy this in 2 days.

Link : Sony Bravia KD-49X8500B Full HD 4K LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

Thanks in advance

Don't go for expensive 4k tv''s as of now, better to wait till next year , for the prices to reach resonable level and abundant 4k material to become available. Look for 4k tv''s with HDR tech.

Hi People,

I need your help in providing reviews about SONY 49X8500B non android series.

Right now there are no much reviews about the tv. The TV comes with 3D also.

Now which is available on amazon.in for 1.3L. Has someone experienced in this? I am going to buy this in 2 days.

Link : Sony Bravia KD-49X8500B Full HD 4K LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

Thanks in advance
I was about to go for Sony 4k, 43 Inch.
But i bought FHD Sony.

The thing is in CES2016, LG launched OLED 2.0.
I anticipate that the Oled 1.0 price will be reduced soon and i feel the OLED panel is best, that will last for long. So i didn't spend money on 4K right now.

Another thing, we have very few content on 4K, so if we wil wait a little more, then we will get more content plus 4K tv's with reduced price.

LG 1.0 OLED screen has problems of blurring image due to some algorithm and buffer issues. Though OLED has fast switching still implementation issues. Price is another issue. I read Samsung J9500 SUHD series has matched 80% of OLED color results.
Fingers crossed! I will wait for 3-4 years to buy OLED panel. I hope my 7 yr plasma will last until then.

LG 1.0 OLED screen has problems of blurring image due to some algorithm and buffer issues. Though OLED has fast switching still implementation issues. Price is another issue. I read Samsung J9500 SUHD series has matched 80% of OLED color results.
Fingers crossed! I will wait for 3-4 years to buy OLED panel. I hope my 7 yr plasma will last until then.

Having auditioned their entire OLED range side by side for in Los Angeles, I agree regarding their 1.0 models. But their 2015 2400 USD models make samsungs most expensive models look like complete garbage, like, I can't even begin to describe how huge the difference is. It truly makes you wonder.

Hi,

I have the same TV.. bought in in March last year and the experience has been good in general. I have a couple of issues with it however and here are the details:

1) Internet connectivity: The normal Wi-Fi signal in my house was considered to insufficient (although my mobile, Laptop etc. would work fine), but my TV would not recognize the signal - citing it was weak. So, I bought a Wi-Fi extender and it has worked fine since.
2) Re-start issue: My TV would re-start on its own at times (with the Sony logo appearing) and sometimes the screen would go blank and resurface. I pointed this issue to Sony, who eventually changed the board of the TV. Although its much better and the frequency of re-start is much lesser, this problem has not been solved 100% as yet. Maybe it is a one-off case, but that's been my experience.

Other than the above, my TV has worked beautifully and the overall experience of watching HD, 3D and 4K have been fantastic.

Hope this helps!

I personally feel the display should be display only and should not have any OS/ extra goodies associated with it. Let it be any brand.

1. Simple the design, simplest will be components.
2. More no of components, more chances of failures.
3. More components require more interfaces and can create heating issue which again can lower the life.
4. Updating software can be issue. May be 2/3 patches more. But not entirely different version. This can done easily if you use third party players. Use and throw if required.

Again this is my personal opinion and not against any particular brand / model.

Thank you so much for all your comments people. I have demoed both 800C with x8500. I found dull / faded color in the 4K version.

I went with 50W800C.. Now waiting for installation.

What model plasma do you have? Have you faced any issues?

had the sony 55x8500c first set had hdmi issues was replaced, second set as well had it so they changed the mother board and tv used to hang after continuous viewing till it would not power on, sony offered me to upgrade to the higher 55x9000c after paying the difference, the set had a patch as well as lots of light bleed, the second replacement had more worse bleed and was rejected. Sony kept telling me its normal but after paying a huge amount i was not satisfied, they finally have agreed to refund me. Their customer service is good if you know key people else it will revolve around their service centers who dont know much of troubleshooting.
thats the end of 30 years sony tv in my family.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back