Sony 55" EX 720 3D LED or Samsung 6 series 55" D6000

franco12

which one?
cost for both seems same 1.70 L
anyone know any major feature difference that im not aware of
I was not very keen on 3D till now as :
:no 3D broadcasts were on + not enough movie Bluray titles in 3D
:the headache issue after 1 hour of watching ,though i have only watched till 15 mins .dont know if this is true
:glasses only 2 supplied with Tv .so if you have friends over you need to swap
:need to get new bluray player

But now since all high end Tvs are coming with 3D i've decided to take the plunge
Also Airtel,videocon etc are going for 3D enabling their set top boxes

so im in the market for a 55" 3d LED
im ok for a grey market piece also ,any sources ?

cheers

Yes. I have sources and we buy our electronics from him. He is very reliable and genuine. He keeps mostly Sony tvs. I will suggest you to look at Sony's Hx800 also. It comes with the 3d pack which includes 3d bluray player, 2 3d glasses, 9 3d movies. Sony has also launched a new pack for 30000/- which includes Sony Ps3 160gb, 2 3d games - killzone 3 and gran turismo 5, 3 3d movies - cloudy with a chance of meatballs, monster house and fifa world cup, 2 3d glasses and a hdmi cable and its with Sonys EX720 model. Also check the price of Panasonics VT20 its an awesome tv. Between ex720 and d6000 both are more or less same and they both wont have the best 3d picture quality. HX800 is edge led with local dimming which is better than the regular edge led models. If you can wait then Sonys NX720, HX820 and HX920 are coming soon. NX720 and HX820 are edge led with local dimming whereas HX920 is full led tv. Even panasonics ST30, GT30 and VT30 models coming soon. I like ex720 because of its understated looks, good features and good picture quality. The features in ex720 is very nice like track id, presence sensor, wifi ready, motionflow, skype, interent videos and widgets etc. Rest is your wish. Hope this helps. Tc.

Thanks Aks .
that hx 800 is indeed a good one . ive compared all 3 55" LEd on the sony TV site,and the Edge LEd/local dimming factor seems to be the only major thing one up on the 720 .
the 800 is the 2010 model +lacks a lot of the networking features which is key .

sammy 'smart" features vs the 720 are all same i reckon based on my initial research
Do you feel the 800 will have the edge over them only in 3d or even in 2D as 3d viewing will be less than 10% of the time i feel
can you DM me the source details for Mumbai if you have
have they released the PS3 pack there ,when i enquired here they said its about to be launched

thanks

Yes i think as far as picture quality in 2d and 3d HX800 will be better than Samsungs 6 series and Sonys ex720. But then again if you even buy ex720 its not a bad tv its actually quite good. All our smart tvs now by Panasonic, LG, Sony and Samsung etc. Yes they have released the 3d pack all over India. Check your nearby Sony Store. Go for HX800 or EX720 they both have their own strength and they both are equally good in their own way. EX720 is slimmer, has better networking features, looks good and has good picture quality. When you go to the store ask the guy to give you the EX720 remote and go to system settings then to eco settings and switch off light sensor. Light sensor makes the picture little dull so switch it off. It is on by default. The guy i buy from is in Delhi but he will send you the tv if you want. Hope this helps. Tc. What is the maximum you can spend?
Thanks Aks .
that hx 800 is indeed a good one . ive compared all 3 55" LEd on the sony TV site,and the Edge LEd/local dimming factor seems to be the only major thing one up on the 720 .
the 800 is the 2010 model +lacks a lot of the networking features which is key .

sammy 'smart" features vs the 720 are all same i reckon based on my initial research
Do you feel the 800 will have the edge over them only in 3d or even in 2D as 3d viewing will be less than 10% of the time i feel
can you DM me the source details for Mumbai if you have
have they released the PS3 pack there ,when i enquired here they said its about to be launched

thanks

Dear friend
Iam from Malaysia ,I would suggest you to go for samsung for 3d it's hyper real 3D engine makes the viewing experience more fun with the leaping effect and depth perspective far more better than Sony.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back