Sony 75" 9500H discussion thread

Donivlapog

Let's use this to discuss about the new Sony 75" 9500 H available as per Sony center. I might tell them to hand me over this instead of further replacements of panels. I will pay extra to procure it. But firstly your opinions please. It is available for Rs.3,79,000/- (there is an instant Rs.5000 discount on ICICI bank cards)

A FALD for hall is just sheer brilliance and possibly the best PQ available in today's day and age for ambient light settings.

Last edited:
Is that MRP or the dealer quote?
This would be treat to watch. I really like big screen's that can get bright enough to enjoy HDR and this Tv can certainly do that.
Yes you should ask them to provide you with this since you are also ready to pay extra.

Is that MRP or the dealer quote?
This would be treat to watch. I really like big screen's that can get bright enough to enjoy HDR and this Tv can certainly do that.
Yes you should ask them to provide you with this since you are also ready to pay extra.
It is dealer quote. MRP is 5.39L - it is where angels fear to tread. Effectively 5 k less with ICICI debit or credit cards.

Keep in mind that for 75" or above panels, depreciation will be very high. Currently, 75" panels carry quite a premium but like 55" and 65" did a couple of years ago, they'll drop in price. The LG OLED 77" is already around $3000 in the US, which will translate soon to ~2.5 lakhs in India as well next year. FALDs will go much below that as mini LEDs are coming in 2021.

It's a lot of money for a TV, so keep depreciation in mind before you spend that big of money. Spending 3.8 lakhs on it and seeing similar/better TVs sell for 1.5-2 lakhs a couple of years down the line isn't fun.

Lightgamer, it is a double edged sword decision which I am open to make. For depreciation angle, electronics is a bad investment pereneally. It is intended for the need of the hour. To give my dad and mom some great viewing experiences. After having found a 75" TV for Rs. 2.11 lakhs having glouted over this purchase justifying this ain't the right time for a vacation using Corona as an excuse, suddenly it was down for 15 days. And the replaced panel is still with defects. To stir up their interest and to have the best in their line up placed in my hall to secure that few years of family happiness, depreciation seems the lesser of the two evils if I have to live with continual repairs with the current defective television interrupting my parents entertainment from time to time, the latter seems a better idea to me. Besides, you also have an opinion that their higher up products will be better QC'd. I have taken that point.

Lightgamer, it is a double edged sword decision which I am open to make. For depreciation angle, electronics is a bad investment pereneally. It is intended for the need of the hour. To give my dad and mom some great viewing experiences. After having found a 75" TV for Rs. 2.11 lakhs having glouted over this purchase justifying this ain't the right time for a vacation using Corona as an excuse, suddenly it was down for 15 days. And the replaced panel is still with defects. To stir up their interest and to have the best in their line up placed in my hall to secure that few years of family happiness, depreciation seems the lesser of the two evils if I have to live with continual repairs with the current defective television interrupting my parents entertainment from time to time, the latter seems a better idea to me. Besides, you also have an opinion that their higher up products will be better QC'd. I have taken that point.
If you're okay with the depreciation and can easily bear the cost(say you make 8 figures a year), go for it. I'm a bit prudent when it comes to purchasing tech and generally shop at the sweet spot of value. I'd prefer to sit closer to the TV than to spend that much money and get a bigger set. But others can have different choices.

The higher end TV should have better QC, but it's still luck of the draw. A bigger panel is more likely to have panel defect or issues also.

If you're okay with the depreciation and can easily bear the cost

The higher end TV should have better QC, but it's still luck of the draw. A bigger panel is more likely to have panel defect or issues also.
I am ready to bear the difference of 1.5 lakhs. Will they approve is another question. Turns out that Sony only has this model in 75" apart from 8000h. I could also settle for a refund or going for 65" oled of theirs.

These are same sized panels. 75" 8000h to a 75" 9500h.

I am in same boat.I got a Defective Sony 65x9500g. Sony don't have the panel in stock now.So they are going to refund me.I offered Sony to give me an OLED instead, I will pay the difference partly,but they refused

I am in same boat.I got a Defective Sony 65x9500g. Sony don't have the panel in stock now.So they are going to refund me.I offered Sony to give me an OLED instead, I will pay the difference partly,but they refused
In your case you may insist that they replace it with 9500h which is a similar model. Try to sound bold. But getting refund is a whole lot better, if you (we) can trust them. I feel they will con me by being silent about it.

Yes try to get x9500H Which they might be able do it. Also why would deny OLED when customer is ready to pay difference. Why are they so adamant on refund. Even though they will drag the refund for as long as possible they will still have to pay.
Sometimes I feel these companies are not interested in selling products to consumers in India.

Yes try to get x9500H Which they might be able do it. Also why would deny OLED when customer is ready to pay difference. Why are they so adamant on refund. Even though they will drag the refund for as long as possible they will still have to pay.
Sometimes I feel these companies are not interested in selling products to consumers in India.
But 9500H is not available in 65" variant

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back