Sony A90J OLED Shown to Hit 1300 Nits of Peak Brightness! Is It Real?

No burn ins at all & i game on xbox at least 3-4x a week for 1-2 hrs depending on time available.

Been gaming on this tv since day one of purchase & it has been 3.5 years plus owning it.

I m happy with the B6 but need to get a 120hz oled with hdmi 2.1 support as i just purchased the Xbox SX.
How would it perform side by side to a C9? Would there be any PQ difference? Sorry, I am just being curious.

How would it perform side by side to a C9? Would there be any PQ difference? Sorry, I am just being curious.
i m sure the C9 will be much better as the B6 model was a 2016 year release & the C9 was 2019 year release.

I was going to buy the CX last year but wanted to try a Sony Oled & was bummed by the fact that neither the A9G nor A8H have hdmi 2.1 support.

So waited patiently last year & upgraded my audio stuff instead Speakers/Amps & this year will do the Visual :)

Very excited by the 2021 Sony Oleds & hope the reviews are good.

Last edited:
It's strange I took up the C9 for comparison and not the latest in linage as C9 supports DTS.

i m sure the C9 will be much better as the B6 model was a 2016 year release & the C9 was 2019 year release.

I was going to buy the CX last year but wanted to try a Sony Oled & was bummed by the fact that neither the A9G nor A8H have hdmi 2.1 support.

So waited patiently last year & upgraded my audio stuff instead Speakers/Amps & this year will do the Visual :)

Very excited by the 2021 Sony Oleds & hope the reviews are good.
Sony A9G should be considered for the X1 ultimate processor and nothing else. That processor is currently the best in the business as it effortlessly powers even 8k seamlessly(in their flagship 8k product). HDMI 2.1 is meant for kiddies. Not important for casual gamers.

Not necessarily. Sony is probably using both the new emitter panels and the metal cooling plate. LG is only stating a 20% efficiency increase in the panel, so if they're not using the metal cooling plate they will likely be below 900 nits with the G1.

They made a big blunder this year if that's true. The G1 will make almost no sense over the C1 since it's supposed to be double the price. If I'm ready to pay that premium, I'll pay a bit extra and get the Sony. Also this year Sony's TVs have HDMI 2.1 so it's a no-compromise solution.
I still doubt that even with using both it can achieve 1300 nits.I mean 2020 OLEDs can go 650-700 nits.this is double seems unlikely.Even Panasonic Z2000 is around 900nits from last 2 years using metal cooling.even if assume this year panels are 20% brighter thats 150-200 nits more. so my guess is it should be around 1000-1100 nits calibrated correctly using D65 white point. Will know for sure when vincent or Rtings review it.

Did LG mention about the pricing of G1.I thought it will be 20% premium over C series.like last year. People have purchased GX 65 for 2.2-2.3L If i remember correctly.This will be a bummer if Lg double the price.

Anyways its a good news that finally we will be getting brighter OLEDs this year.As from last 2 years all the oleds were around 550-700 nits range

HDMI 2.1 is meant for kiddies. Not important for casual gamers.
Guess i m a KID then to play the Xbox Series X & waiting to get a 120hz Oled panel:p

Well i do like my gaming, my music & off course my movies when time is available.

Cheers.

Sony A9G should be considered for the X1 ultimate processor and nothing else. That processor is currently the best in the business as it effortlessly powers even 8k seamlessly(in their flagship 8k product). HDMI 2.1 is meant for kiddies. Not important for casual gamers.
You have given me second thoughts lol. Any idea what prices the 65" Sony A9G is going for? online i see it for approx 2.6L, wonder if they will go for better discounts when the A90J launches..

You have given me second thoughts lol. Any idea what prices the 65" Sony A9G is going for? online i see it for approx 2.6L, wonder if they will go for better discounts when the A90J launches..
I was offered a 2.6 lakhs performa invoice by Sony center for A9G. No bargaining at the invoice rate for it is top of the line masters series, but they said a soundbar can be coupled with that invoice and the soundbar can be cancelled for a refund amounting to a max of 7k benefit. But my room TV 9300D all of a sudden looked excellent with Netflix since March 8th and I dropped that idea.

For example 260000+24990 in one invoice you pay 260000+19999 and they sell the soundbar to another party(I presume) and they give you the 24999-19999=5k. In some models of soundbar it goes upto 7k difference.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back