SONY AZ SERIES DHC-AZ5D

bedantabd

My 12 years old SONY AZ SERIES DHC-AZ5D home theatre system stopped working and all attempts to get it repaired have failed. Would like to know from the members if I can use the speakers, which are still is good condition with any AVR? If yes, please suggest a good AVR in the 20K to 30K range. I would like to steadily build-up / upgrade my system by discarding old speakers over time.

Please help.

Sony mostly use low impedance speakers/sub in HT system. It looks like in your case also it is a mixed bag of speaker impedance - Front L/R 4 ohms, Surround L/R 8 ohms, center 8 ohms and sub 2 ohms. You may refer this official manual. So you may need to find a AVR which can support (function well) with this hybrid impedance. Since you have a plan to upgrade speakers later I am afraid you may need to compromise on AVR for these old speakers. Though I am not an audiophile or an expert, based on my previous experience with Sony Home theater I don't expect these speakers are worthy enough to compromise on AVR purchase.

In nutshell, take care of speaker impedance and avoid compromise while selecting AVR.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back