Sony Bravia-KLV-32NX500

Me too..
went to shop and got a price of 42990 with wired headset as offer.
Whats the price in ur region?

Any reviews/advice abt the model...? Also its stated as CCFL.. (not LCD or LED).. somebody help..?

Last edited:
Me too..
went to shop and got a price of 42990 with wired headset as offer.
Whats the price in ur region?

Any reviews/advice abt the model...? Also its stated as CCFL.. (not LCD or LED).. somebody help..?

A quick search on the Sony India website tells me it's CCFL.KLV-32NX500 : NX500 Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India

Why would you want a 32" TV for a price of a larger Plasma/LCD ? I mean, I'd take a 42" Plasma over this any day, regardless of whether it's Full HD or not.

Hi dgtl887

thanks 4 the replay...

I am not considered about HD as 90 % of usage will be DTH (which is not HD)

I am new to this and doesn't know abt the techs..

have a budget around 45k.. which one should i go for LCD or Plasma..
Heard LCD have better clarity than plasma.. is it true.?
if possible plz suggest a model of any brand (tend to go for sony though.)

thanks..

Last edited:
jan: You heard it all wrong. For DTH Plasma will do much much better. For 45k you can get a good 40/42 inch Plasma. Search the forum for Plasma TVs and you will have anough info.

Also check the price thread for price of Plasma at 42 inch

Hi dgtl887

thanks 4 the replay...

thanks..

Well for a little more around 3k to 4k more you can get the samsung 40" C530 in showroom.or if you don't mind buying in grey market you can get the sony 40" EX400 for 44k,it was also available in ebay with 1 years dealers warranty.

You are better off with the above said lcds.the plasmas in this price range are HD ready and nothing special in performance and the contrast is inferior to the above lcd.

Hi dgtl887

thanks 4 the replay...

LCD's are sharper, however, that't not a great + point if you watch non-HD sources. Frankly, it's a personal preference. If I were you - I wouldn't treat this as a LCD or Plasma decision. I would try and get a biggest panel for your budget (as long as quality doesn't suffer too much). You can't go very wrong if you stick to Sony/Samsung/LG. They are good brands. I have 2 Sony's and a LG myself (all LCD).
They are a few 42" LG Plasma's within your price range, which are all 720p (LG Plasma TV | LCD TV | Flat TV | LG Electronic Products - Look at the PJ series). What you have to see is whether you like them. One thing to watch with Plasma TV's is their reflective screens. If that isn't a big deal for you, I'd advise you to buy one of them.

Well for a little more around 3k to 4k more you can get the samsung 40" C530 in showroom.or if you don't mind buying in grey market you can get the sony 40" EX400 for 44k,it was also available in ebay with 1 years dealers warranty.

You are better off with the above said lcds.the plasmas in this price range are HD ready and nothing special in performance and the contrast is inferior to the above lcd.

@jan

If the above mentioned TV's can fit into your budget, take a look at them. However, I'd strongly advise you to stay away from the grey market or ebay for a purchase this big. You don't get a warranty with a grey market purchase and I'd stay away from internet dealers even if they did provide one. Just IMO ofcourse...

I chnaged my mind. Sony Bravia-KLV-32NX500 is not a good choice. ITs having refelction problem. Monolithic design means , its having a glass panel infront of the screen. It is very irritating. you can see ur face and other objects int he screen like a mirror.

SO now I am thinking abt Sony Bravia-KLV-32EX400 , which is at 39,900/-

HI,

Thanks a lot for ur valuable reply..

Narrowed down to these two..

LG 42PJ350 which is around 45500
and
Sony Bravia-KLV-32NX500.. Rs 42990

will visit store and watch it to decide.

btw this reflective screen of nx500 is for screen protection.. is it really needed..?

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back