Sony CDP-X505ES opinions???

elt93

Hello everyone!
I have been using a Sony CDP-X505ES cd player which my dad purchased God knows when.... However now the internal DAC is producing very distorted sound... Before that, the player sounded amazing. My question is whether it is worth getting it repaired or should I get a new DAC considering the onboard DAC is really old... :confused: No new cd player suggestions as I'm not willing to part with this 12kg monster whose dead silent tray can probably support the weight of an elephant :p

try to repair it.. or already tried

more than DAC i think it is Lens issue

BTW you tried this CDP with external DAC??

The ES series is top of the line in sony range and well regarded amongst audiophiles
The ES range was never available in India so you will have to do some work to get the parts, mostly import it (depends upon what is the issue)

First and foremost you have to find a technician who can repair it with confidence rather then just try his luck

But it's worth getting it repaired

The lens is a brand new original one.. When it was purchased we got 2 spare new lenses... So it's not a lens issue. I have a mechanic who can repair it with confidence... Just wondering if it's worth repairing or using it as a transport with an external DAC such as Schiit Bifrost?

For How Much u got the lens?? Where? Want to sell ur spare as I know someone who was looking for it

also worth repairing IMHO

BTW the mechanic in Goa or Mumbai?

I received the spares along with the cd player from the original owner more then a decade back...Sorry, I am not interested in selling it... The mechanic is in goa.. He's a close friend...
Was just wondering if the internal DAC is good or if an external one like a schiit bifrost would be better?

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back