Sony DAV-DZ510 : Problem in rear surround speaker...

Vagabond

Hi,

i have this sony Home theatre system DAV-DZ510 which bought in last April 2011...

It worked good to my expectation. Last month I shifted to pune and made new arrangement, since then one rear surround isn`t working... (it has one wire joint, due to short distance in room)..

it doesn`t give any output, but sometimes gives clicking sound in between...

plz suggest, wht shall i do !

Pavan

is this ht of too low config. thats why no ones replying ??

Last edited:
Check the rear speaker by connecting it to another speaker terminal. If it works fine, then the problem may be with the amp. Try to replace the speaker cable also.

thanks baijuxavior,

yesterday i checked... i swapped the connection.. the speaker is working fine i think there is problem in the rear left port.. i have warranty upto april, how shall i contact sony service? i tried on website but unable to register complaint.

call to the Customer Care Centre at 1800-103-7799 (Toll Free) and arrange an appointment for you. The executive will come to your house and solve the problem without any charges if your product is under warranty.

thanks kaptan for quick reply...

well, i only have the original bill copy of that is it okay ?

Yes bill is enough. You would have been given a sony india service warranty slip. it will be in yellow color. You can use that also. not a mandatory i think so. Bill is all enough for claiming warranty.
:eek:hyeah:

update:

the cc told me to deset the setting.. she said use audio cd with 5.1 then go to
system menu -> SUR settings -> PL II Music-> say okay...

as i am in office need to check it in the evening!

so what u think will that work ?

try it out on your own if its still not fixing let them come and do it mate :). My advice is to try the auto calibration steps.

update:

the cc told me to deset the setting.. she said use audio cd with 5.1 then go to
system menu -> SUR settings -> PL II Music-> say okay...

as i am in office need to check it in the evening!

so what u think will that work ?

this is the most possible method. you can also try Pro Logic and Multi modes with a Audio CD.

yesterday only i checked to calibrate... during calibration it said check rear left connection... so i once again unpugged and plugged the pin... still nothing happnd...

today morning registered on there toll free number, to my surprise they are at my home, checking it...

will update soon...

problem solved....

good service must say, yesterday picked today delivered !

The engineer soldered the rear plug, re-installed the software and done !

I guess this thread is closed !

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back