Sony ex420 vs samsung d5000/4000 ?

santoshs

Hi Experts
I need your valuable advise in deciding the TV model for my bedroom (11 X 13 ft)
I guess 32inch TV will be optimum.
And as it will be 32 inch TV, full HD is not all that relevant (this is what I have concluded after going through many threads)

Following are the models that I am considering

1. SONY EX420 (Price 30K)
2. SAMSUNG D4000 (Price 29.5 K)
3. SAMSUNG D5000 (Price 33 K)

All the prices mentioned above are grey market prices. However I have the following doubt :
* I am not sure if I will use advanced features of Internet Videos on Television. Prime purpose of my TV would be watching television (Tatasky HD) and movies (through USB, DVD) Also I need to spend extra for purchasing WiFi adaptor if I go in for the models above. I want to know from you guys - is this a hot feature and widely used?
* Its said that 2011 models of SONY do play all kinds media formats. Is it true?

Secondly there is another LCD model
1. SONY BX320 (Price 21K)

Do you think it makes sense to go in for LCD model (because price difference is huge) and I am not sure about advance features usage. So I will compromise a little on the quality difference between LCD and LED. Budgetwise, I can spend till 34K but I am getting tempted for saving 10K by going in for LCD model.

Now please guide me which model should I go in for. I plan to buy within 2 weeks.

Thanks
Santosh

The BX320 is a base model it has a HD ready panel,its basically a no frills lcd with just a Sony badge,whiles its good for its price and against the similarly priced competition like some toshiba models.
But i would go with a Full HD tv,since the panels are of better tech with improvements in contrast,viewing angle etc.
Also no guarantee about the panel used in BX320 it may or may not be a SPVA panel.
The CX520 should be a excellent buy it costs around 26k to 27k in grey market.

The EX420 is again a HD ready model,where as the D5000 is a FHD model.
The Sony tv based on X-reality including the EX420,CX520 doesn't play all formats and supports only FAT.
Where as the lower end models such has BX320/420 ,CX320/420 based on the older BE3 plays all formats and support NTFS.

The samsung lcds on the other hand play all formats.The only problem with samsung is the panel lottery.there are plently of info in this forum about it or just do a google search.

So if i were you i would get a CX520 or a D5000

Last edited:
Hi if i have to buy a lcd/led i prefer Sony over Samsung. Full hd is not important when buying a 32inch tv. I think using internet features is not hotly used but its good. Yes all 2011 Sony models plays most of the formats. bx320 is a good model for the price. The difference between lcd and led is not huge and with 32 inch i am sure you are not going to see much difference. But with the budget of 34k i will tell you the models of Sony with grey market prices -
1. Sony bx320 - 21k (basic hd ready model)
2.Sony cx520 - 25-26k ( full hd model with internet features)
3.Sony ex420 - 30k ( led hd ready model with internet features )
4.Sony ex520 - 35k ( full hd led with internet features ).
I think you can go for cx520 its a very good model with full hd and internet features if you want to save money or else go for ex520.. Rest is your wish. Hope this helps. Tc.
Hi Experts
I need your valuable advise in deciding the TV model for my bedroom (11 X 13 ft)
I guess 32inch TV will be optimum.
And as it will be 32 inch TV, full HD is not all that relevant (this is what I have concluded after going through many threads)

Following are the models that I am considering

1. SONY EX420 (Price 30K)
2. SAMSUNG D4000 (Price 29.5 K)
3. SAMSUNG D5000 (Price 33 K)

All the prices mentioned above are grey market prices. However I have the following doubt :
* I am not sure if I will use advanced features of Internet Videos on Television. Prime purpose of my TV would be watching television (Tatasky HD) and movies (through USB, DVD) Also I need to spend extra for purchasing WiFi adaptor if I go in for the models above. I want to know from you guys - is this a hot feature and widely used?
* Its said that 2011 models of SONY do play all kinds media formats. Is it true?

Secondly there is another LCD model
1. SONY BX320 (Price 21K)

Do you think it makes sense to go in for LCD model (because price difference is huge) and I am not sure about advance features usage. So I will compromise a little on the quality difference between LCD and LED. Budgetwise, I can spend till 34K but I am getting tempted for saving 10K by going in for LCD model.

Now please guide me which model should I go in for. I plan to buy within 2 weeks.

Thanks
Santosh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back