SONY high end DVD player.. no 5.1 ch output...? :O

RishabhRaj

I am interested in buying a DVP-NS728HP/B SONY DVD player.., but i was surprised to see it doesn't have a 5.1ch audio output.. i.e discrete outputs for FRONT LEFT/RIGHT or rear or subwoofer....?? how to i connect it to my AVR which has the input through these ports.. previously i was using a DVD player which had that .. help out..?

I would suggest you consider a bluray player like onida bdp which has 5.1 output instead of a dvdp. Most LG dvdp has no prologic option. I had one and when playing stereo files there is no bass through the subwoofer. I sold it ASAP.

First thing is this is what you want HDMI +5.1 which is not available in sony. Secondly Panasonic is at par in terms of quality (or may even better). Thirdly Panasonic Blu ray / DVD player can be made region free with some tweaks. But not sure about this model. Anyways I think DVD players are now not out of this world costly technology. You can go with any 1. They all will perform at almost equally. Unless you are side by side comparing cheap with Denon / Oppo.:lol:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back