• KDL50W800B

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • KDL47W802A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paragk

Hi Friends,

I have recently relocated to US and am looking to buy a new TV. The place where I work gives discount on Sony TVs and the KDL50W800B or KDL47W802A are both available around $650 :licklips:.

I know that KDL50W800B (2014 model) is 50" and has Active 3D where as KDL47W802A (2013 model) is 47" and has Passive 3D. Is there any other difference that I have to consider? Which one would you suggest me to buy?

I am leaning towards KDL50W800B as it is slightly bigger and is a newer model as I won't be watching a lot of 3D as well. So friends please help me to choose.

Thanks,
Parag

Active 3D produces better 3d experience than the passive 3d. With Passive 3d, the resolution falls to half as each eye shares every image, but with active 3d, you get full hd 3d. However there is a trade off. Active 3d glasses are expensive and active 3d may strain the eyes.
I have active 3d, and another benefit of active 3d is, you can watch a 3d movie from as close as 4 feet, which is not possible with passive as you will get double image.
But Passive 3d and glass less 3d are the way to the future.
Active 3d may also vanish like my beautiful plasma(p50st30) technology.

Yes active 3D may be good for long term use.. if you don't watch much 3D then go with 2014 model.. but active 3D is a big let down. Passive 3D is just awesome.

Active 3D produces better 3d experience than the passive 3d. With Passive 3d, the resolution falls to half as each eye shares every image, but with active 3d, you get full hd 3d. However there is a trade off. Active 3d glasses are expensive and active 3d may strain the eyes.
I have active 3d, and another benefit of active 3d is, you can watch a 3d movie from as close as 4 feet, which is not possible with passive as you will get double image.
But Passive 3d and glass less 3d are the way to the future.
Active 3d may also vanish like my beautiful plasma(p50st30) technology.

ACTIVE 3D may be full HD but it will flicker a lot and images appear darker than Passive :rolleyes: I vote for passive on any given day.

ACTIVE 3D may be full HD but it will flicker a lot and images appear darker than Passive :rolleyes: I vote for passive on any given day.
True, but both 2d and 3d movies are suppose to flicker as they are shot at 24fps.if you want flicker free video then you can always turn on the interpolation, which will create the soap opera effect, which I hate the most. What I mean to repeat is, both technologies have their + and - .

I've place the order for the KDL50W800B and should get it by next week. I will share my review soon. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.:signthankspin:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back