Sony KLV-32S550A channel tuning problem

Tron05

guys

purchased a Sony KLV 32S550A today

installed it myself. i am using a local cable signal. I used the auto channel search the first time and it detected 90 channels.

but many of the channels are in black & white and gives a buzzing sound.
To rectify this, i go to the manual preset setting and change the TV system from M to B/G, then i get the proper colour but still no sound.

This problem is with all the channels that display in black and white. i.e the TV sets them in M TV system.

i used to watch these channels on my older CRT with sound and proper colour

guys

purchased a Sony KLV 32S550A today

installed it myself. i am using a local cable signal. I used the auto channel search the first time and it detected 90 channels.

but many of the channels are in black & white and gives a buzzing sound.
To rectify this, i go to the manual preset setting and change the TV system from M to B/G, then i get the proper colour but still no sound.

This problem is with all the channels that display in black and white. i.e the TV sets them in M TV system.

i used to watch these channels on my older CRT with sound and proper colour

dude the signal is in NTSC mode not PAL......faced the same problem with my panasonic........restarted when changed to factory settings and on startup changed it to PAL. Alternately there should be an option in the menu system.....that should fix it.

well thats strange make sure the color system is set to auto,when i had the cable tv i used to always do the manual tune,try that and see if it works.

The initial setup did not have any option to select TV system.

Also the channel change time is about 2 secs. is this normal?

The initial setup did not have any option to select TV system.

Also the channel change time is about 2 secs. is this normal?

1.dude call the sony center and ask them how to change the color system
2. read the manual and change it yourself
3. ask some expert friend to come and change it for you.
4. read some techno stuff....so that you can figure it yourself easily....:yahoo:

Honestly just read the manual and see how to change the system to auto or Pal.....

1) Has the installion by Sony person over??
2) have you called sony service center

insted of playing with software give service center a call ,it might be standard case!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

guys,

I purchased this LCD tv from Reliance Digital and they sent their own personnel for the installation even after my making it clear at the shop that i want only sony to provide me service and not reliance.They agreed

They sent over a Reliance Technician, who seemed to be more of a electrician and barely knew anything about LCD. By the way he had mugged up the definition of LCD pretty well. He must have given that definition atleast thrice.
The installation guy had come over and all he did was just go through the settings(didnt make any changes).

After he finished i told him about the tuning problem(black and white pictures with lot of noise and buzzing sound due to the wrong TV system selected by the TV ). At first he dumbly said its a cable problem. Then i changed the TV System from M to B/G. This solved the problem. Now he again dumbly asked me to move to DTH because there will be more clarity. I tried to explain to him that in DTH, the tiner in the STB is working and in cable, the TV tuner works,which is not doing the job properly here.

I wrote this problem in their installation papers they made me sign on.

Now wondering what to do next!!

well didn't the tv come with a demo coupon from sony,call the sony custumer care and ask them,read the manual again,did u tune it manualy.btw there is nothing wrong with sony tv tuners,yes DTH will give u a better picture.

Last edited:
well didn't the tv come with a demo coupon from sony,call the sony custumer care and ask them,read the manual again,did u tune it manualy.btw there is nothing wrong with sony tv tuners,yes DTH will give u a better picture.

thnx buddy!!..

Found the coupons. Will call up sony.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back