SONY KLV-40NX500 -- Owner's thread

@ senthilsss

Hi, I have few questions regarding NX500

1) Is it true that glass panel is very reflective? Does it effect the viewing?
2) How is DVD and SD PQ from about 6-7 feet

thanks

Yes the glossy panel used in the NX range and other lg lcds are way more reflective then say the glossy samsung.
if you have the light source at the front of the tv or towards the side of the person it can reflect quite a bit of light,although you can compensate the glare with the huge brightness capability of lcds still i feel you are better off with the cheaper EX400 or the samsung C5xx.

Yes the glossy panel used in the NX range and other lg lcds are way more reflective then say the glossy samsung.
if you have the light source at the front of the tv or towards the side of the person it can reflect quite a bit of light,although you can compensate the glare with the huge brightness capability of lcds still i feel you are better off with the cheaper EX400 or the samsung C5xx.

I was thinking of nx500 because it is safe when you have small kids at home. My 3 year old son has a habit of scratching on walls, furniture using pencil/ crayons or similar objects. Sometimes he takes "aggarbatis" from pooja room and pinches on wall and old CRT tv screen.

I came to know that LCD panels are very sensitive and slight pierce using any object will harm the entire panel. Is it true?. How strong are LCD panels? Will they resist these type of "abuse" by kids. Otherwise I can consider Ex400/500

I was thinking of nx500 because it is safe when you have small kids at home. My 3 year old son has a habit of scratching on walls, furniture using pencil/ crayons or similar objects. Sometimes he takes "aggarbatis" from pooja room and pinches on wall and old CRT tv screen.

I came to know that LCD panels are very sensitive and slight pierce using any object will harm the entire panel. Is it true?. How strong are LCD panels? Will they resist these type of "abuse" by kids. Otherwise I can consider Ex400/500

Well in the case yes the NX500 makes sense.well why don't you hide the aggarbatis.

Back