Sony KLV40S550 vs. KLV40V400 comparison?

Durran

Hi everyone,
I have ready trhough loads of your threads and see most of you are very knowledgable.

Could you please advise me on which LCD I should by ebtween these two?

In some of the UK HDTV forums, have seen forum members discussing 'auto dim issues in low light scenes' for 2009 SONY models (S & V series specifically).

What is this 'auto dim issues'?
Do the 2009 SONY models sold in India also have this issue?

In some of the UK HDTV forums, have seen forum members discussing 'auto dim issues in low light scenes' for 2009 SONY models (S & V series specifically).

What is this 'auto dim issues'?
Do the 2009 SONY models sold in India also have this issue?

well it occurs if u activate the Advanced contrast enhancer its basicaly sonys version of dynamic contrast,but sony had launched a firmware update to fix the auto dimming issue,sony only dims if the full screen is black to save power.again i haven't seen this in the indian version as long as the ACE is set to OFF.
unlike rival companies where u have no control of it like samsung,panasonic etc.
even plasma do dim when the blacks occupy the majority of the screen,but mostly people won't notice it,but what is noticable ,is plasma dim the screen a lot when there is whites are displayed,so whites will be more like grey.since plasmas need lots of power to display the color white,at the same time its will get quite hot when its showing the color white.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back