Sony LED vs LCD - which TV should I buy?

manua

Friends,

I am in a bit of dilemma as which Sony 32 inches TV I should buy.There is a model EX520 which is a LED and full HD priced at Rs.45,000/- and the other one is CX420 which is a LCD but full HD priced at Rs.35,000/-.

Now just for the difference between LED and LCD the price goes up by 10,000/-.LED is definitely a latest technology but does it really make that much visual difference in a 15ft by 12ft living room?Am asking because before making the decision I need to be doubly sure whether I am picking up the right product for my drawing room.

Please advise.

I have both 22 inch Sony LED and LCD , and they both are same. I have noticed that the maximum brightness of normal LCD TV is more then LED TV.

LED is more on slim looks then performance.

I have both 22 inch Sony LED and LCD , and they both are same. I have noticed that the maximum brightness of normal LCD TV is more then LED TV.

LED is more on slim looks then performance.

Thanks Deba.

So you mean to say just for the slim look no point in spending 10k extra when other attributes are all same.

Can someone please explain and clarify me on this as am unable to take a decision which one to buy LCD or LED!

Hi,

Even i was in same dilemma...later i went to Sony LCD CX420 series...Main difference can be classified as

a) Appearance - slim : LED's are more slim comparatively LCD
b) Contrast - LED's are more contacts comparatively LCD. But this hardly you can find in LED's
c) Power consumption - LED's are less consumptions

If you are not bothered about above factors you can go for LCD that you can save around 10k. However LED tvs are not completely called LED's its Edge LED's or back light is LED's

In my opinion you can go for LCD's

Regards,
Raghu

Hi

I was closely watching the post and reviews of this forum and other forums for finalizing on a 32 inch LED TV. My preferences were

1. Value for money
2. Good picture & Sound
3. Play various video formats from USB (including HD)
4. Good after sales support
( Smart TV was not in my agenda.)

I did a lot of search & survey on line and in showrooms. Finally
After considering all the aspects of all brands, i short listed the following brand/models

1. Sony 32EX 520, 2. Samsung 32D5000, 3. LG LV 5300.

Though full HD 1080 is not necessary for size 32, the other useful features
like 100HZ, Noise reduction etc are found on full HD TV only)

My analysis of the above three are :
Sony is excellent and have good brand value but is the costliest.
also some reviews shows that it wont support NTFS format on USB hard disks.

Samsung: very good features Supports all formats in fact it is learnt that Sony and samsung are using same LCD panels.

LG: Has the advantage of IPS panel. and features similar to samsung. But when i compared both TVs side by side in a show room with HD and non HD signals, Samsung showed better picture on.

Finally after more than 2 months of close study, I purchased
Samsung 32 D 5000. on 16th Jan 2012. for RS 38K in Mangalore.

My Review of Samsung 32D 5000.

Picture Quality : Non HD input (DTH trough AV in ) - Excellent
: HD ( From USB): Excellent

(The Hyper real engine, wide colour enhancer and Digital noise filter
really do a wonderful job)

Sound " Very good. ( But to enjoy the sound you should use external speaker system with any LED or LCD TV, because it wont give good bass)

Samsung 32D 5000 has optical Audio out for connecting digital home theatre but i connected my analog 2.1 speaker system from the head phone jack of the TV. with this sound is excellent.

The TV Played AVI, FLV, MP4, MKV (HD1080) video formats and MP3 audios from USB. I am yet to try HDMI inputs.

Though it is not a smart TV with Skype etc it has a wired network connection for internet or can use wireless USB adapter ( to be purchased separately)
I have not yet checked the Anynet feature.

Overall rating 9/10

Finally i would like to comment on the good customer relation
of Harsha Electronics Mangalore. They quickly resolved
my grievance

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back