Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth Headphones any good???

saketb

Hello everyone, I would like to buy an Over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones purely for listening music with my Sony Z3/Samsung Note 3 smartphones.

So, gave a try with a few...
Sony MDR-XB950BT - 12990/-
Sony DR-BTN200 - 7990/- (On the ear)
Philips SHB7000 - 3999/-

The prices mentioned above are MRP and they are available at lesser prices at different stores and online. Very difficult to judge which price is authentic.
Of the above, the Sony 950BT was the best compared to sound quality, comfortableness, ambient noise cancellation, looks, etc. Only thing I did not like was the price. I've attached a picture to show what it looks like...

41Xx4IXQS2L.jpg

I read plenty of reviews about the Sony 950BT headphones and looks like its pretty good with tons of features and sound quality. As per the specs it has 40mm dynamic drivers with a freq range between 20-20000Hz (wireless, bluetooth) and 3-28000Hz (wired). Yes, it can be used in both ways wired as well as wireless. The battery life is 20 hours once fully charged (charging time 4 hours) which is good enough for a run.

It has NFC built-in for instant connectivity to Bluetooth devices and weighs only 280gms, which feels very light. Made of plastic though with a metal band on top of the head strap. The ear pads are too comfortable and I can call it as pillows for the ears. They are big and thick indeed.

Now, I would like to know, what do you all think of this pair of cans? Is it worth the money spent? Is there any other HP's I can try before buying (max budget 11000)?
Request you all to chip in your opinions and help me invest in a good portable headphones.
Thanks in advance.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back