sony mini hi-fi system

Murlidher

Hi
i have this sony mini hi-fi system with me in good condition

Archived MHC-GNZ88D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

the only problem is that it doesn't have USB support. While I can still hear music through USB via my YHT-299 (yamaha AVR), as you might be aware, this HT is great for movies, but lacks some magic with respect to music hearing.

so wanted to see the options i can hear music on my sony mini hi-fi system via USB so that I don't have to burn CD's everytime. Some of the options I could see after going through many posts are;

1) blue tooth adaptor - Bluetooth Audio Adapter or http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SongSt...3&sr=1-4&keywords=bluetooth+HD+music+receiver - Through this I can throw music from my mobile to the system (if this is the best option, please advise which one would be the best. The belkin comes to 5.7K through amazon.com

2) connect my mobile directly to the sony system via 3.5mm jack

For the above two options, i would like to know if the quality of the sound would decrease or not, since I would have to use the Aux option in the audio system (RCA)

3) connect any media player which has USB to the music system via RCA (drawback - i would need a display to change folders etc., so dropping this option)

4) Buy Topping TP20 OR 22, and connect only the speakers to this. (i don't think this would be a good option, since i already have a good sony music system which can produce good music)

What other best options you see that would not anyway decrease the sound quality (apart from burning all the files in a CD & play it) ?

please help me to hear good music by suggesting how I can optimally use the existing things I have and buy only economical stuff.

Mods: Please move this thread to "Portable Audio Players & Accessories" if this section is incorrect. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey,

For option 1, if you use the latest bluetooth receivers with Bluetooth 4.0 and Apt-x, you will get good sound however it can atmost be at par or below when compared with option 2.

I'm assuming ure using lossless audio on you're phone or MP3 player as that can also improve audio quality considerably.

One workround would be to mix option 1 and 3... get an Ipod touch and an airplay receiver and stream music off of that. You'll get your screen to browse through your library and without wires. Still not sure what would the audio quality be like :(

Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks Bajwa. I was looking for this one for option 1

Crystal Audio - Crystal Audio - BluDAC - Bluetooth: Amazon.in: Electronics

the reviews claim it is better than belkin or so.

however i would be using 3.5MM jack to my sony system, but through the optical, i can connect to my AVR as well if required alternatively. It costs around 2k more than belkin though and it has APT-X, though i don't know what it is all about...

before buying, let me try connecting my mobile through 3.5mm jack to my sony system and listen how it sounds.

Connecting the mobile with cable and 3.5mm jack is the best way.

Another maverick option would be to use an FM stereo transmitter with USB input (like the one used in cars for playing USB through the car radio)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back