Sony PS3 player

iyersn

Is the PS3 region free to play all DVD formats?
How do I make it region free??
It did not play a DVD that was bought in India; the PS3 was also bought in India.:rolleyes:

Is the PS3 region free to play all DVD formats?
How do I make it region free??
It did not play a DVD that was bought in India; the PS3 was also bought in India.:rolleyes:

The PS3 is one of the best players around. But it is not breakable at all unless you use a hammer.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The DVD you bought might be having a different region code. PS3's sold in India are coded with blu-ray region C and DVD region 5.

There is no way to make it region-free unless you jailbreak the PS3 (which is not recommended)

PS3 is the best player. It runs with the fast-performing Cell Broadband Engine and RSX graphics. This PS3 console lets you connect to the Internet via WI-Fi as well as the LAN. You can surf the Internet with the same ease as you would on a computer. You can also share data between various devices as the Sony PlayStation is Bluetooth compatible. The Sony PS3 160GB grants you access to the PlayStation Network, where you can play games online, browse the internet and chat with friends from across the globe.

I didn't get the point related to the issue here. :confused:

PS3 is the best player. It runs with the fast-performing Cell Broadband Engine and RSX graphics. This PS3 console lets you connect to the Internet via WI-Fi as well as the LAN. You can surf the Internet with the same ease as you would on a computer. You can also share data between various devices as the Sony PlayStation is Bluetooth compatible. The Sony PS3 160GB grants you access to the PlayStation Network, where you can play games online, browse the internet and chat with friends from across the globe.

I didn't get the point related to the issue here. :confused:

Marketing B***S**t.

The DVD you bought might be having a different region code. PS3's sold in India are coded with blu-ray region C and DVD region 5.

There is no way to make it region-free unless you jailbreak the PS3 (which is not recommended)
Jailbreaking will not make it region free. I know no read cases of PS3 being made region free.

IIRC, I've read somewhere, that there is some software available to play region-locked blu-rays on a jailbroken PS3. I could be wrong though. Not interested in jailbreaking my PS3 just for the sake of playing few DVDs. (All blu-rays which I buy, are bought only after ensuring they're region-free)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back