Sony TC-FX-44 vs Denon DRW 580 (cassette Deck)

hzant6681

Hi all,
I'm a Novice and need your advise and opinions as to which is better.

The Sony TC-Fx-44 (Stereo Cassette Deck Stereo)
Specifications
Type: 2-head, single compact cassette deck
Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/s
Heads: 1 x record/playback, 1 x erase
Tape Type: type I, FeCr, CrO2, Metal
Noise Reduction: B
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 18kHz (Metal tape)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 72dB (dolby B)
Wow and Flutter: 0.05%
Total Harmonic Distortion: 1.0%
Input: 77.5mV (line), 0.25mV (mic)
Output: 0.435V (line)
Dimensions: 430 x 105 x 275mm
Weight: 4.3kg
Finish: silver, black
Accessories: optional remote control

DENON DRW-580 (Double Cassette Deck (1999-03)
Specifications
Type: auto reverse, double compact cassette deck
Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/s
Heads: 1 x playback, 1 x record/playback, 1 x erase
Motor: 2 x DC servo
Tape Type: type I, CrO2, Metal
Noise Reduction: B, C, HX Pro
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 19kHz (Metal tape)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 74dB (dolby C)
Wow and Flutter: 0.08%
Input: 80mV (line)
Output: 0.775V (line)
Dimensions: 434 x 135 x 263mm
Weight: 4kg

-Sound quality matters to me and I will be mainly using it for playback.Output fed to Marantz 5005 amp
-The sony will satisfy my needs but Denon has two heads for playback, imo I will be able to use the Denons for a longer period compared to Sony. But if the sony (Made in Japan) is of better build and quality ,than it might last longer than the Denon.
- I have highlighted the specification features, which I feel might affect the performance.
- Your tips or suggestion/ what to look out before buying Cassette decks.

Kindly advice me.Will appreciate your help. Thank you

Both are more or less the same specs and sound quality would be almost same. Issue is life of head. Hence life of head is key to sound quality . Aged head would not produce upto our satisfaction. Rest you need to check physical condition and life

Both are more or less the same specs and sound quality would be almost same. Issue is life of head. Hence life of head is key to sound quality.

Is it true that single deck players are better in quality and built than double decks.

Is it true that single deck players are better in quality and built than double decks.

Yes it is true to a major extent.......these single decks are designed carefully and have strong heads,,,,,,

Yamaha ones are good (single / double) they have play trim to improve the quality of audio output......some Technics models R 272 i think also has the same feature

Yes it is true to a major extent.......these single decks are designed carefully and have strong heads,,,,,,

Yamaha ones are good (single / double) they have play trim to improve the quality of audio output......some Technics models R 272 i think also has the same feature
Yes, Single deck with 3 heads is always better than 2deck systems

There is also a Akai GX M10 with a minor problem in one the VU meter. There are a lot of good reviews about the Akai GX series. Should I consider the glass head over others?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back