Sony to push hi-res playback & downloads

Nice to see Sony supporting and pushing hi-res audio, I hope they will also launch these hi-res downloads in some physical format like Blu-ray.

I love physical product and I have a sizable collection of LPs/CDs but having just started ripping my CDs to a hard drive to move to a computer-based playback system I have to say that physical products just don't cut it any longer.
Believe me, I love reading the liner notes on a LP/CD but digital is way more convenient. :)

I love physical product and I have a sizable collection of LPs/CDs but having just started ripping my CDs to a hard drive to move to a computer-based playback system I have to say that physical products just don't cut it any longer.
Believe me, I love reading the liner notes on a LP/CD but digital is way more convenient. :)

Going digital is a one-way traffic. Once you discover digital, you never look back.

Going digital is a one-way traffic. Once you discover digital, you never look back.

I am on the way back.. to analog

:))

Humans will always love what good analog sounds like - organic, with feelings and lifelike.

Many digital stuff ( to my ear ) sound artificial and robotic.

The constraint with analog now is the availability of good records / recordings and once you learn to work with it.. it would be a treat.

but anyways.. to each his / her own wine..

mpw

I am on the way back.. to analog

:))

Humans will always love what good analog sounds like - organic, with feelings and lifelike.

Many digital stuff ( to my ear ) sound artificial and robotic.

The constraint with analog now is the availability of good records / recordings and once you learn to work with it.. it would be a treat.

but anyways.. to each his / her own wine..

mpw

Good on you :)

Would like to know your progress and break up of how much music do you listen on analogue and how much on digital. Please keep us updated!

No audiophile chauvinism please, only honest breakdown :cool:

Just had my digital playback server upgraded to play all available formats - definitely no thought of going back for me. It is far too convenient and the sound quality that I get is as good as any I have heard on digital or analogue playback systems.
Glad to hear Sony pushing high-res audio. I have some albums and they do sound good.

Sorry my post seems to have disappeared. Sorry if this appears as a double post to some. I have not checked on my music server with the high rez files as yet but will do when the upgrade is set up. My SACD player will play in DSD and the hybrid CD layer will play the same music in PCM. In all cases I have found the SACD layer superior.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back