Sony to unveil PlayStation 4 this month

Seems amazing as per the leaked specs. Sony says 'all games for ps4 will be in Ultra HD within 4 years'. Moroever the ps4 games might not be backward compatible.

^^Whats so special about it? Its a previous gen amd cpu with 4 gigs of gddr5 and some sort of radeon graphics.

You can buy far better hardware right now than it.

^^Whats so special about it? Its a previous gen amd cpu with 4 gigs of gddr5 and some sort of radeon graphics.

You can buy far better hardware right now than it.

Yes,you can definitely buy better hardware but at what cost?
Alteast 1.5-2 times costlier

A playstation is a playstation and a pc is a pc. You must already be knowing that since you already have one. Why compare.
As far as the costs are concerned , let the time come.
For you its not good, for me it is, to each his own.
I don't want to start a playstation vs pc debate. Please let this communication end here. :)

That is correct. You cannot compare a Console with PC. The PC option is definitely expensive. You need a GPU of atleast 15k then a board of 10-12k. A PSU + Cabinet of 12k, RAM, SSD and blah blah.. Then space and a lot of cables to manage.

But true, best FPS experience you get in PC with mouse an Keyboard.

Microsoft is also coming up with Xbox 720 and as per the rumors, it will be as powerful as high end PC. Price would not less than 30k I suppose for both. As of now, PS3 has better console. BluRay support with 3D, HD Audio. But Xbox has much more game titles.

Which one you say will be the best? Sony or Microsoft?

I am not buying a playstation 4 this time, but i am getting a Xbox 720(or whatever it is going to be called). PS3 is just fine for now.

Sony says 'all games for ps4 will be in Ultra HD within 4 years'. Moroever the ps4 games might not be backward compatible.

That's what they said when releasing PS3 "all games will be full HD", ps3 hardly has around 5 games in full HD. Sony always over promises so i would never believe their words, not one bit.

PS3 is a nice device though, i have one so i guess i will end up buying PS4 although spec wise it is not even in the same planet as even an average PC.

Cant wait!

Planning to watch the live streaming of 20th Feb event :).

However, I am also bit concerned about my PS3 games library of over 50 games, hope they include backward compatibility for the initial model at least.

Also, would be nice to know when they plan to luanch it for APAC region...looking at past trends, dont think it will be available in India in 2013 at all :(.

Fingres crossed!!
Cheers.

The event will be streamed on Feb 20th 6pm EST, that's 4.30am on Feb 21st in India.

Thanks for the update. This would allow India fans at least to watch it live and not get distracted by mundane tasks like office work :D

Cheers!

PS4 official. Sony unveils its next game console, the PlayStation 4

Weird controller...

live0391.jpg

Was hoping they'd make it more like 360. Not sure how useful (or even accessible) that touchpad at the Center would be.

Last edited:
No pricing or even a look of the console. Just a few demos and "Holiday 2013" as release date.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back