Sony W900B or LG LB6500

i_alone

Which TV To Buy

Sony W900B or LG LB6500 ?

In comparsion to Features, Technology, Quality, Maintenance

getting confused to purchase. It would be great if you could help me to decide.

What have you decided finally?

I am leaning more towards LG due to its IPS panel. I have high regards for IPS panels since I have used them in my computer systems for quite some time now. People have been complaining of global dimming and poor blacks. But I suppose that is given due to the nature of IPS panels.:)

I was expecting some answers.

But then no issues, I have almost made my mind to go for Sony W900B.

Looking at other threads some people have got great discounts on the same.

I am also trying the same on price with some stores to have a cracking deal.
But none of them are providing any discount on it.

I am staying in Mumbai. If some one could help on the price and offer then it would be great.

today after seeing and comparing lot of tvs from lg , samsung and sony , i was convinced that sony 42w900b has the best and clear picture quality and i booked sony 42w900b .

Hi,

Recently I bought Sony W900B 50" TV. It's doing really great. I got a good deal from Sony Center. My recommendation would be go for Sony.

-Ranjith

Guys I feel there is no doubt w900b has better 2D PQ compared its rivals, even I saw the same. But couldn't able to check with same 3D content in Sony and LG.

Anybody checked this, specifically howz 3D PQ in w900b compared to LG 6500/6700/750t. I heard for 3d LG is a better go. I wonder how will this w900b stands out, on par or better or lower than LG.

What have you decided finally?

I am leaning more towards LG due to its IPS panel. I have high regards for IPS panels since I have used them in my computer systems for quite some time now. People have been complaining of global dimming and poor blacks. But I suppose that is given due to the nature of IPS panels.:)

Both Sony and LG has IPS Panel :p IPS panels are not bad, but by nature they have poor blacks and contrast ratio.

Sony would have a slight better PQ and Better motion handling ( not sure about the 100Hz panel though).

LG should be able to play more formats natively than Sony.

Checked both LG 42LB6500 and Sony 42W900B side by side. Did not find much difference. Ofcourse it goes without saying that I refused to play Mgf sample videos and their channels. I also set every picture setting to 50% before starting.

Frankly, Sony had better blacks (which is given) but LG wasn't too far either.

I then tried LG 47LB750T and I was simply blown away by the sheer size and clarity. Blacks were as deep as Sony and clarity was good enough. This test was done on National Geographic HD channel.

I am now super-confused between Sony 42W900B and LG 47LB750T.

Last edited:
I am now super-confused between Sony 42W900B and LG 47LB750T.

I will simply go with LG 47LB750T. First and foremost, Extra inches in the TV are highly appreciated and LG has 200 Hz panel if am right and Sony has 100Hz panel.

LG would play more formats than Sony and also has better GUI.

Hi,

Recently I bought Sony W900B 50" TV. It's doing really great. I got a good deal from Sony Center. My recommendation would be go for Sony.

-Ranjith

Hello, I joined the forum recently and this is my first post.

I am planning to buy a TV between 46" and 50". Tending towards 50", but not yet finalized. One of the TVs that I am considering is Sony W900B.

Ranjith, you mentioned that you got a good deal from Sony Center for W900B 50" TV. Can you please provide the details of the deal and the center name.

Thanks.

Hi skaja,
I got cash discount of Rs. 12,000 Sony Headphone and 8GB pendrive with this TV.
Note: Blu-ray player, one flick remote and 2 -3D glasses are included in the offer.
I got this in Sony Center, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

Cheers,
Ranjith

Hi,
This is my first post and really confused about W900B.

What is the panel type for 900B?

While googling some places I read that it has IPS panel but sony showroom guys says that it is a VA panel.

MY only constraint is that TV will be wall mounted and accessible to kids. Have 2 young kids (4&3) so just wondering if in innocence they will hit the screen what will be its consequences.

Can anyone guide me regarding this??

Pls. looking for any first hand experience.

Thanks,
-Archna

Hi,
This is my first post and really confused about W900B.

What is the panel type for 900B?

While googling some places I read that it has IPS panel but sony showroom guys says that it is a VA panel.

MY only constraint is that TV will be wall mounted and accessible to kids. Have 2 young kids (4&3) so just wondering if in innocence they will hit the screen what will be its consequences.

Can anyone guide me regarding this??

Pls. looking for any first hand experience.

Thanks,
-Archna

Try knocking the panels of 800B and 900B and 950 B. 800b is VA Panel and 900B and 950B are IPS.

Second test is try viewing the same video from sides of the Tv. Washed out picture means its VA and if there is not much changes,then its IPS

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back