sony walkman vs ipod

is the charging socket of the sansa fuse similar to the ipod? wondering if i could use ipod speakers with the fuse. also one of the main problems with the ipod is that it is not openable for repair. it is a sealed package. so any issues with harddisk etc is pretty much fatal to the ipod. any idea of the sansa or sony are openable/repairable?

what about Cowon? some of the models are reported to be better than iPods (i don't own the iPod but the popularity suggests that it's good) and cheaper too.

is the charging socket of the sansa fuse similar to the ipod? wondering if i could use ipod speakers with the fuse. also one of the main problems with the ipod is that it is not openable for repair. it is a sealed package. so any issues with harddisk etc is pretty much fatal to the ipod. any idea of the sansa or sony are openable/repairable?

I really doubt it. Apple goes out of its way to make sure their products are proprietary. Also, I know that there are HDD and battery upgrades available for the iPod so its not that they are completely un-openable/un-repairable.

Last edited:
is the sansa fuze available in india? if so where? and how much?

appreciate the feedback.

I've seen it on eBay for about 3K for the 4GB model. Look around for the exact model you want.

No nandac, the charging socket of an ipod is exclusive to apple products and products created for apple products eg docks and boxes, but then i did mention the headphone out/line-in option earlier, I Think. . .

is the sansa fuze available in india? if so where? and how much?

appreciate the feedback.

Yes its there on ebay as well as in local market. Although i am not sure for how long will Fuze be available as Sandisk may stop its production to promote Fuze+.

I have owned in the past Cowon J3,ipod touch 4g,Clip,Fuze+ and if anyone can consider my opinion.
For neutral sound Sandisk is best(flat equalizer).
For someone who likes audio enhancements Cowon is the way to go.I watched full movie Prince Of Persia because of excellent sound that was produced with Hippo VB.
Ipod I do not know but I was really disappointed because no custom equalizer and flat response with Koss KSC-75 was not satisfactory.I did installed Equ but I felt the sound is not natural(My opinion).
I have got Sony and will share my opinion soon.
At the end of the day its personal choice whether one likes pure music or music colored with sound enhancements.
I personally prefer full spectrum response.

BTW: Fuze is indeed discontinued and considering that there were suddenly plenty of units in USA(without retail packing) and tagged as clearance stock,that may suggest that Sandisk is getting rid of Fuze stock.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back