SONY X90J or Samsung Q80B please suggest

Samsung is best neglected. They also dump many ads panels with dirty screen effects to Indian market. Sony uses VA panels at top end.
can you elaborate ? as a newbie, these market specific quality issues are hard to gather.. rtings are generally based on global benchmarks and samsung QN90 series are rated above sony X90 on overall metrics

can you elaborate ? as a newbie, these market specific quality issues are hard to gather.. rtings are generally based on global benchmarks and samsung QN90 series are rated above sony X90 on overall metrics
Based on this forum complaints i am saying. 1) a madhyapradesh based forumer from Reva bought a QN90A a year ago and immediately got irritated by a dirty screen effect. Plus the model has only ADS panels for those available in India. Certain sizes were still VA but i think 50" was, unfortunately not 55". Or so i remember. It was a while so i just want some other forumers to confirm the 50" 55" VA ADS vague memory i have regarding this TV.

Does X90j or X90K sony . Supports active 3d glasses ?? I have sony 3d glasses of 2014 model led tv.
3D is dead for years now. It’s a failed tech that halved the brightness and resolution and looked bad. The only places that are still keeping 3D are multiplexes which aren’t replacing their antiquated 1080p projectors.

4K HDR is the new standard and it’s here to stay

3D is dead for years now. It’s a failed tech that halved the brightness and resolution and looked bad. The only places that are still keeping 3D are multiplexes which aren’t replacing their antiquated 1080p projectors.

4K HDR is the new standard and it’s here to stay
so my 3D glasses will be wasted sad ! :(

so my 3D glasses will be wasted sad ! :(
I have a 9300D Sony which is a 3d TV. I have three 3d glasses one each for me and my children(including one original Sony glasses i bought way back in 2016 and the battery is still going on!! and the rest bought from Amazon which is sucking batteries). When i wanted to buy one more so that my wife also can watch 3d movies, the stock is out. I could offer to buy the glasses if you dont find a 3d panel. This TV is using its optical out to a second hand Pioneer 837VX i recently bought with 7.1 Micca speakers sound stage. Life of pi was absolutely immersive. Many 3d movies springs to life and i highly recommend you to find a good 3d display and indulge in such blasting home cinema experience.

Ps: We are still managing as my PS4 VR kit acts as a 3d display unit and one of the boys uses that. But it is non ergonomic, very heavy for continual watch.

Last edited:
Amazon prime has started Dobly Vision/Atmos . HDR10+ will be thing of the past in few years.
No it won’t. Worst case HDR10+ will just become royalty free like HDR10 and will be used as base.

The thing I like about HDR10+ is that it’s backwards compatible with HDR10. If you play an HDR10+ movie on a PC or device which doesn’t support it, it will just play HDR10. Single layer DV on the other hand will display wrong colours.

DV is good but a lot of devices don’t support it and those who do don’t do it properly. My own TV has lifted blacks while displaying DV while HDR10 works perfectly. And since DV settings are locked I can’t change that too.

Not to mention DV doesn’t work on PC and a lot of phones.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back